Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
What kind of lift? Budget boost, body lift, short arm, long arm any welding?

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
At a dealership? Some wont even do it, and if they say they will, be prepared to get reemed.

Take it to one of the local 4x4 shops. Where at in Scottdale are ya?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
80 dollars an hour is the average shop rate. You can take it from there.
here in GER an hour costs 160¢ an hor at the local jeep dealer.
when i ask themabout a pri´ce they said that everything would take 1-2 hours longer than i needed. and they are professional.

go to your local 4x4 store where you buy your parts and they will make you a good price.

or if ypour friend says he can do it then install it with him.
we can give you good write-ups for nearly every jeep parts installation.
and installing a suspension lift isn´t a magic thing. follo wthe write-up or the install. manual and you´ll do it without any problems.

the only problem with your 97 wrangler is that the bolts could be rusty. spray them with something like WD40 for a week before the installation and they should be no problem anymore.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Absolute OffRoad. ;)

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
Joe @ Absolute Offroad

4WheelParts in Mesa & Phoenix
4 Wheel Supply in Phoenix and those would be the closest to ya.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
yeah I live in Scottsdale
I was planning on getting a 3, 3 1/2 or 4 inch suspension lift

I was gonna go to the Airpark Chrylser off frank lloyd right (if u know where that is)

anyone in AZ know of a good 4x4 store?
i might just have to have my buddy help me install it
There are a couple of decent service advisors and salesmen at Airpark, but you will still get hammered on the cost.

Personally I'd always try to do something myself if I could, however if you just really feel that it's beyond your grasp then the list that Scout and AZ gave you are good to go.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
Also - there are a few DesertRats locations in the valley too.
How dare you utter that name in a real 4x4 forum. :D

Edit: Oh hell just noticed that was 3k posts.

·
Drives by Braille
13,642 Posts
if your looking for 3" deffinatly go with a suspension. If your trying to stay on the cheap side, go with the Full-Traction. People run 33's with it and its a good kit for the price.

·
Registered
4,242 Posts
If your buddy has offered to help and you are confident with his work, them I would definately go that route. You can then be involved and learn how everything under your Jeep works. Installing a lift really isn't very difficult. Just make sure you get it aligned after you are done.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I agree, save the cash and do it yourself. I never did one until last year. I swapped the lifted suspension on a co-workers K5 blazer for my stock suspension. The worst part was getting mine off and getting some of the stuff lined up. Plus a jeep is built, not bought.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
Most tire stores will do an alignment. Usually between $ 50 and $ 100.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts