Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gang,

Anyone swap the light from their instrument cluster to LED? I know it's not everybody's thing but I want to give it a go. Been digging around and found many YJ threads regarding it but no JK threads (might be there but very buried).

Problem is I don't know what size or the best place to order. Found many LED sights but...

I could find the size, I suppose by ripping my dash apart and taking the bulb into someplace. Bit of a hassle. So, if someone knows of the size, or better yet, a link to the LEDs they bought, that would be great. Don't mind doing the work but if the answer already exists that's even better.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers.

Ron

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Do a search...plenty of threads on it here and on the JK forum.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I couldn't find anything either. I know the TJ, but new to the JK. Have you checked the owner's manual to see if there are directions on how to replace a burnt out dash bulb? I don't have a copy yet to look.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I tell ya what....I want to do the same thing but cant find anything either. Odd since there are plenty of posts. I must not be searching in the right places either.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have looked into it and torn my dash apart in search of a bulb to change but there aren't any. All the light on our dashes come from LED's placed on circuit boards. They can be changed if you know how or someone who knows how to change them out from the circuit board. I choose not to change them because it was going to be a long tedious process for my friend who's an electrical engineer and does know how to do it. He told me its easy to do if you know what your doing and have the time. You would also need to order single LED's in the color you want which very in size and intensity. The gear shifter is a bulb and can be changed to LED and what ever color you want.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
Yep, I took the 'harder' route and tore into my dash. I had to get in to do wiring anyhow. Circuit board LED's aren't horrible to deal with, but they take a steady hand and fine soldering skills. I don't have the hand anymore to do it so it's staying stock.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts