Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is, if you do any upgrades, will they be covered by your insurance should it need to go to the body shop. Some will, some won't from what I have heard, some will cover it for additional charges.

·
Registered
876 Posts
The answer to your questions can best be provided by your insurance carrier.
X2^

Mine needed photos of all my mods and no insurance co. covers off road unless you get a rider!

50 Something

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was surprised how low insurance rates were on my '07 JKU. I lowered my deductible and still pay less each renewal than I was paying on my 2003 Neon.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I was in the Auto Insurance business for years as a adjuster. No insurance company is going to cover you if you have an accident while your off road. Your going to need a ORV rider for that and it's not going to be cheap and even then they will not cover everything. If your insurance company is telling you your covered YOU better read the fine fine print. You'll be far better off to tow your jeep back on a road and say you put it in a ditch( Did I really say that) I have over the years denied claims even with a ORV rider. Now that I'm no longer in the Insurance game and a Jeeper I know how the game is played. Just like you have no insurance if you drive your jeep on a frozen lake and have an accident. Read your policy and then read it again or you could be very sorry.

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
As long as you are on designated trails, and not participating in a sanctioned race, some insurance policies will cover damage from off-road activities.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts