Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is everyone using to keep the Air Intakes and injectors clean.
For years I've been using Carb/Choke Spray cleaner on other vehicles. But :facepalm:they dont make cars with carbs anymore. :hide:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I read a lot of posts on here of guys using SEA FOAM.... I have not used it yet, but the way they brag about it ,it must work wonders....

"BH"

·
Registered
995 Posts
What is everyone using to keep the Air Intakes and injectors clean.
For years I've been using Carb/Choke Spray cleaner on other vehicles. But :facepalm:they dont make cars with carbs anymore. :hide:
Ahhhhhh the days of the dual quads & triple deuces......:(:(:(:nonono::nonono::nonono:

·
Registered
783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ahhhhhh the days of the dual quads & triple deuces......:(:(:(:nonono::nonono::nonono:
If you read to the fine print on for Carb/Choke cleaner, it says not to use it on Fuel Injectors. Duh! And the cleaning procedure is alot different now! I really did not realize this. Keeping the intakes is really important and they can get really fouled up.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Looks like Bellingham is only 100+/- feet msl so you should be fine running higher octane gas. You might try some premium with an octane booster if you are really concerned about it. I live on a very dusty road & am not that worried about it. I put over 115K on my old 3.7 & never had a problem with the engine. Drivetrain on the Liberty was a different story but the motor was fine.

Change your air filter regularly & you should not have a problem

There is always the injector cleaner gas additive if you put much faith in that.

I used the carb & choke cleaner regularly on the 400's 289's 350's but those had an open filter element & older gas tanks so dirt was a concern.

& DAMMIT I WANT A FUEL FILTER THAT CAN BE CHANGED!!!!!!!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts