Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Doesn't know much
456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the question I meant to ask, although, it was poorly phrased in my last posting, my question is more so about the exhaust manifold, not the removal of the steering pump.

so I'm in the (long) process of replacing my exhaust manifold, which is from my understanding cracked. I've removed 5, I believe, bolts from the top, but it's not budging. Leads me to believe there are some more bolts underneath the exhaust manifold? If so, how many, and how does one go about reaching them?

There is still a bolt going through the power steering pump, connecting to the manifold as well. The top left (of the two bolts, if you're standing on front of the Jeep.) I keep ratcheting... and it's moving, but I'm wondering if it will ever come out. Any info on this?

·
Registered
304 Posts
YHSublime said:
This is the question I meant to ask, although, it was poorly phrased in my last posting, my question is more so about the exhaust manifold, not the removal of the steering pump.

so I'm in the (long) process of replacing my exhaust manifold, which is from my understanding cracked. I've removed 5, I believe, bolts from the top, but it's not budging. Leads me to believe there are some more bolts underneath the exhaust manifold? If so, how many, and how does one go about reaching them?

There is still a bolt going through the power steering pump, connecting to the manifold as well. The top left (of the two bolts, if you're standing on front of the Jeep.) I keep ratcheting... and it's moving, but I'm wondering if it will ever come out. Any info on this?
If you have been spinning it, it's already undone. Just pull it out. It's only threaded about 1/2 inch. The rest is empty space. It's misleading.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts