Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I am looking at buy a drake intake for 16 hard rock is this a good intake or is there better ones out there amazon has it for 273.00. Anyone use drake is it worth the money?

·
Because I Can
362 Posts
I am assuming you are talking about a "cold air intake". Unless you're doing it strictly for the sound or adding a snorkel, save your money. You will not see any hp gain over the stock box. Replace the stock element with a K+N element and you'll be good to go....

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Dont bother. Get a WIX filter from any auto parts store and replace it every oil change. Enjoy a long lasting motor. Stay away from K&N.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Dont bother. Get a WIX filter from any auto parts store and replace it every oil change. Enjoy a long lasting motor. Stay away from K&N.
Agreed. I went down the k&n path on a couple vehicles including my XJ. Frequent replacement of regular filters is way easier than cleaning and oiling.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks i do no plan to have k&n filter i do have a k&n on my dodge diesel work fine for that truck

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
thanks i do no plan to have k&n filter i do have a k&n on my dodge diesel work fine for that truck
You should take it out if you value your turbo impeller. Just sayin

·
Registered
373 Posts
I've been running a k&n in my dodge diesel for 16 yrs. it has saved 2-3 miles per gallon. I'm glad I have it.
I will say this.
1. If I have to run a lot of dirt roads I wouldn't use it.
2. No gains to be had for my jeep so I won't use it there either.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts