Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Premium Member
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So 3 years ago when I was building up my 97 and before I became addicted to the Wrangler Forum, I purchased the Rugged Ridge Heavy Duty Tie Rod/ Drag Link assembly to beef up my stock steering system. After I put it on I started reading on here what a bad idea that was. I did have the dead spot problem and overall it just steered a little loose. Constantly felt like I was over correcting. So this week I installed a new Currie Currectlync System and what a difference. Steers much better.

The interesting thing is I always had DW bad when decelerating from a high speed. So coming off a State Highway for example at 60 MPH and beginning to slow down and brake for a left turn, the DW was terrible and scary. Had replaced rotors, had a new track bar, obviously new tie rod ends with the Rugged Ridge setup up, etc. Nothing cured the DW till I replaced the whole Rugged Ridge setup. First hard stop with the Currie and not a hint of DW. Wish I had read the forum before I bought the Rugged Ridge setup, but now a days I do not buy anything without coming on here and checking first!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts