Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed a puddle under the JK today so I climbed under it to see what is. It turns out to simply be water. Funny place for it though.

Turns out there is a drain of some sort right over the trans. I did have the air on so I'm guessing its just from that.

Funny place to put it though huh? Why would it be drained right over the trans like that? It runs onto the trans, onto the exhaust cross-pipe and onto the ground from there.

Seems, they would route it another way or put a hose on it to run it to the ground more directly.

In fact, that's what I think I'm gonna do, just run a hose off of it and route it down so it runs directly to the ground.

Anyone else see this or do it?

BTW, While I was down there, I did notice what seems to be a bit of seepage from my transfer case. It seems to be coming from what I believe is where the cable (?) from the 4X4 shifter enters the case. There is nothing on the ground and even nothing I can see on the skid plate which it sits right above. Is this common? It's under warranty but I worry about them just making matters worse if they start taking stuff apart (not much faith in those guys, sorry, not to offend any) to fix it.

Thoughts?
Thanks...

How is everyone, BTW?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
That's probably the condesation from your ac draining off. Mine does that also...Same spot...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts