Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recwntly purchassed my first wrangler (98 TJ). Traded a cherokee sport. The wrangler seats are split and the top needs to be replaced. I checked with a reputable upholstry shop and was quoted a price of $500.00 to re-upholster the two high backs and the rear seat with water resistent material. Which is the better way to go reupholster or replacement of the seats?

I am also looking at replacing the top. How much difference in the $280 top vs the $480 top? I do have all the hardware.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Have you thought about seat covers? I've been looking at a few different brands and there seem to be some high quality covers that are around half of what you were quoted.

If I was looking for replacement seats, first place I would look would be the junkyard at some totaled jeeps. Save some cash over brand new ones.

Of course, if money is no object, put some leather recaros in there...

·
Registered
6,886 Posts
I
I am also looking at replacing the top. How much difference in the $280 top vs the $480 top? I do have all the hardware.

It would help if you provided information and links on the tops you are referring to.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tops I was referencing I found on E-bay. They are sold by Jack Mikol Automotive out of California. The add says they are made by a top manufacturer but because of the high volume and low price they are not allowed to say the name. I looked at their other products and most are Smitty Built. I assumed from that that the top is probably also Smitty Built.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts