Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am restoring an 87 yj and I have purchased a new soft top, front seats, and rear seat all in what they call Spice. My dash and doors panels need repainted and I'd like to match the color. I tried giving a Chrysler dealer the interior paint code from my VIN and they can't give me the color. I'm looking at SEM products. Any idea on what SEM or another company might call the color? Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
SEM "Camel".

Check out a post by roadyrob in the YJ general discussion page in a thread named "Half door-door panel restoration.

Good information in that thread for you.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: DREDnot

·
Registered
2,989 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
SEM "Camel".

Check out a post by roadyrob in the YJ general discussion page in a thread named "Half door-door panel restoration.

Good information in that thread for you.

Good Luck, L.M.
Just searched for it and couldn't find anything. Any chance you have a link? Its a shame there are no aftermarket spice half door panels.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
There are spice panels, Coverlay makes them... but they are expensive.

Just go to an auto body supply in your area and use the code from the chart I posted and get the exact color or buy SEM camel (which is close) at the same outfit, most carry SEM products.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
sem camel

you can get SEM camel #15173 at amazon, eastwood, O'Reily, summit racing.
and e bay.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help. I went ahead and order two cans of SEM Camel for the dash and door panels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts