Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the courtesy bulbs under the dash to LED? If so can you direct me to a link? Would also like to do my sound bar lights if there is a replacement?

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Registered
888 Posts
Reactions: steves92

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I appreciate it!

1992, 4.0,5 spd, BDS 4.5 heavy duty lift, jb conversions ss sye, 8.8 with ARB, Aussie front, tj shafts, dual dia.brake booster, 33” bfg a/t

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
https://www.superbrightleds.com/vehicle/1988-jeep-wrangler-vehicle-led-lights?make=39&model=1753&year=1988

I did last year. I believe this is the part number I got, though I bought them at a local store. Made a big difference. Mostly because there were no bulbs there before.

For real though. Super bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah I went the same route.
Part # 67-x12-CAR

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Either one of you confirm the LED does not interfere with the OEM little domed lens? The LED replacement appears to be a couple hundred thousandths taller than the 67 incandescent bulb.

·
Registered
888 Posts
I can’t. My little domes are gone so it’s just a bare bulb. It’s a pretty meaty bulb though.

·
Registered
303 Posts
BTW this same bulb fits the under the hood engine compartment light on models that have them.
That really made a big difference.

·
Registered
888 Posts
That’s good to know. My fixture is long gone though. I’d like to get a replacement in there somehow

·
Premium Member
766 Posts
The PN mentioned earlier in this thread is a quality bulb. I have used LED’s in all kinds of automotive applications, including Jeeps, but not in the OEM interior or under hood locations. Great quality and low heat production. The little domes are always discolored (if they are there at all) on the the YJ interior lights; with the LED’s in place, you can’t tell, they look brand a$$ new.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,631 Posts
I'm not a fan of LEDs in a YJ, but for taillights I'll make an exception.
And now I think I'll try LEDs in my courtesy lights. I disconnected my courtesy light switch wires last spring when I took my doors off and haven't plugged the wires back yet.
I guess new LEDs will prompt me to hook the wires back so that I can test the new bulbs.

Good Luck, L.M.

Reactions: Sonny S

·
Registered
888 Posts
I’ll admit that electrical is a little bit confusing to me, so I don’t know if my experience is normal, or if I have a glitch, but:

When I disconnected the door switches it allowed me to retain the use of the dimmer to turn on the contrary lights. So I don’t have the doors-off issue, and I can still use the lights if I need them.

Maybe I’m not revealing anything new here, but just I case it helps anyone.

Reactions: Sonny S

·
Registered
303 Posts
I’ll admit that electrical is a little bit confusing to me, so I don’t know if my experience is normal, or if I have a glitch, but:

When I disconnected the door switches it allowed me to retain the use of the dimmer to turn on the contrary lights. So I don’t have the doors-off issue, and I can still use the lights if I need them.

Maybe I’m not revealing anything new here, but just I case it helps anyone.

Yep that's the way it works. I rarely have my doors on but do benefit from the LED courtesy lights by using the dimmer switch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts