Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any advice as to what can be used to clean the white interior of a hardtop. I'm not having any luck.

·
Registered
190 Posts
My first thought would be to try a magic eraser. If not, maybe some diluted simple green or citrus based cleaner.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Not saying I've tried this, but since it is white some diluted bleach might work too. This is one of those "try in an inconspicuous area first" deals.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Not saying I've tried this, but since it is white some diluted bleach might work too. This is one of those "try in an inconspicuous area first" deals.
And make sure you don't spray it on or have your cloth/sponge too wet, so you don't drip/overspray bleach on the interior! :eek:

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was thinking it would be done when the top was off the jeep, but if it's still on I wouldn't even try the bleach!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I know when i bought my JKU, the hard top came from the factory with black scuffs and markings on a couple spots on the interior. I tried cleaning them and then figured eh who cares. But I would be interested in a solution if you find one.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mainly it's fingerprints caused from taking top off and on. ..... Yep top would be off when attempting to clean.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
If regular cleaner or magic eraser wont work, I'd try a clay bar with some detailing spray. Just be careful not to apply too much pressure in certain areas unless you support it from the other side.

·
Premium Member
16,872 Posts
The black marks or hand prints (if greasy) denatured alcohol or Mineral Spirits should work.
I dunno, back in the day 409 seemed to get all that stuff off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts