Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
DIY! I used a 5050 RGB led kit with remote control.
Amazon.com: SUPERNIGHT (TM) 16.4ft 5M Waterproof Flexible 300leds Color Changing RGB SMD5050 LED Light Strip Kit RGB 5M +24Key Remote+12V Power Supply: Home Improvement

Wired the kit myself. Tapped into the HVAC harness & Dome Light harness - wired to a Single Pole Double Throw switch. This way, I can toggle between Off/On with Headlights/On with Opened Doors.

That strip was enough for the footwells, and under front & rear seats, with a few extra feet to spare. Also comes with a remote to toggle between 27 different colors. Fun weekend project if your up for it.

Created something similar to this:
Car Interior LED Lighting Multicolor

·
Registered
17 Posts
I wanted to do the same thing by lighting up the footwells. Is this the harness going to the door. I was just going to have the added lights come on when the doors open. Do you know what wire was the one going to the dome light? Thanks.

·
Registered
85 Posts
There is a yellow wire with a white stripe, in the footwell by the firewall on the passenger side...

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's in a harness with a few dozen other wires

·
Registered
85 Posts
awesome. Take your time when you do your splices. make sure to add fuses to the circuit to safeguard your wiring. Good luck with it.

Fun project, with nice results. I get lots of looks when lit up @ night with the doors off.

·
Registered
82 Posts
dont get the Krauto ones if you come across them. I bought them and right out of the packaging my LED reverse lights had one of the LED's not working. My dome light replacements also have a few LED's that flicker after being on for about 30 seconds, even though they are supposed to be CAN bus ready

·
Registered
588 Posts
I just picked up some little led light strips and vampire splicers from autozone. I was worried about the wiring until I saw this pic here on the forum.

and the finished product...

·
Registered
265 Posts
dont get the Krauto ones if you come across them. I bought them and right out of the packaging my LED reverse lights had one of the LED's not working. My dome light replacements also have a few LED's that flicker after being on for about 30 seconds, even though they are supposed to be CAN bus ready
Same here! Definitely don't buy from krautoled.com. I bought the interior light kit and every bulb has a led on it that flickers. The site owner refuses to replace them even though they have a lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
7 Posts
bulb model

Can anyone tell me the model numbers of the bulbs for my 2014 wrangler unlimited please?

i want to change all the white bulbs with yellow or green to match my dashboard , but dont know the size of the bulbs? if anyone did this mod, please help!

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Can anyone tell me the model numbers of the bulbs for my 2014 wrangler unlimited please?

i want to change all the white bulbs with yellow or green to match my dashboard , but dont know the size of the bulbs? if anyone did this mod, please help!
Bump for this! There are so many options and sizes out there is dizzying.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts