Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My control for the interior lights isn't working (twist control on left stick). It was a little "glitchy" once or twice and then just doesn't work now. My interior lights still work, but I can't control the dash lights brightness/dim and can't manually turn on/off the interior lights with it. The control will still rotate/turn but nothing happens.

Fortunately my dash lights are set bright enough since I can't adjust them and my dome lights still work with the buttons at the lights. My interior lights still work with doors open/close too.

Any ideas on where to start to figure out the issue?

Thanks.

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'd like to know this as well. I have the same issue except my interior lights don't come on when the doors are opened either. Like you said, they work fine when manually pressed.

·
Super Moderator
15,392 Posts

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess it could be the switch itself. I've found some info where others replaced theirs. Pretty simple task.

·
Registered
115 Posts
bad design

Yeah who's idea was it to put the dash lights dimmer and Interior light switch on the signal light stalk, that already has headlights and fog lights?
Stupido.

I like on my TJ the fog light switch is its own rocker switch on the middle dash with green led . That was excellent design. I guess it was downhill from there.
Foglights on JKUR is on the end of the stalk, try to extend the end of the stalk ( out) . Sometimes they come on, sometimes they don't.

You know, I don't think you can turn the instrument cluster lights off at night on JKUR?
And if you mess with the interior light ( dome) lights you rotate it forward on the stalk, it messes with the instrument cluster lights. Geesh.

what was wrong with a rotating dimmer switch for instrument cluster lights only? Foglight switch separate, good!
Changing things just to change is Bogus ! Unless you actually improve it. Its not an improvement on the stalk.
That's one thing I would change on JKUR
have a good one,

·
Registered
286 Posts
My control for the interior lights isn't working (twist control on left stick). It was a little "glitchy" once or twice and then just doesn't work now. My interior lights still work, but I can't control the dash lights brightness/dim and can't manually turn on/off the interior lights with it. The control will still rotate/turn but nothing happens.

Fortunately my dash lights are set bright enough since I can't adjust them and my dome lights still work with the buttons at the lights. My interior lights still work with doors open/close too.

Any ideas on where to start to figure out the issue?

Thanks.
Mine did the exact same thing. It appears to be a common problem.

The turn signal stalk needs to be replaced. It's about $90 and takes about 15 minutes to replace. Its super easy, the hardest part is having a long enough torx driver for the screws.

Look up how to do it on you tube.

·
Registered
10,183 Posts
Don't those run thru the clockspring??

I thought that only the controls that turn/rotate with the steering wheel went thru the clockspring. At least on my Jeep, the turn signal stalk doesn't rotate around with the steering wheel. :D

·
Super Moderator
15,392 Posts
I thought that only the controls that turn/rotate with the steering wheel went thru the clockspring. At least on my Jeep, the turn signal stalk doesn't rotate around with the steering wheel. :D
LOL I've never been sure of what all runs thru it.

·
Premium Member
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ordered a new multi-function switch and installed it this weekend. Problem solved. Glad it was a very easy fix.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts