Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my Wrangler and am puzzled. Is there any interior lights that go on when you open the doors? Am I missing something?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, they're on the roll bar.

Try turning up the dimmer switch for the interior lights. It's on the left stalk on the steering column (behind the headlight switch). If its down all the way the interior lights won't come on when you open the door.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, they're on the roll bar.

Try turning up the dimmer switch for the interior lights. It's on the left stalk on the steering column (behind the headlight switch). If its down all the way the interior lights won't come on when you open the door.
thank you, I better read the manual. I had to leave the dealership so I didn't allow the salesperson to give me the demo

·
Registered
359 Posts
Yep ! I'd say they are just turned off. I leave my switch off all the time.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Also, make sure the door's power plug (assuming you have power locks and windows) is plugged into the Jeep itself down by the brake pedal. If that plug is detached (unplugged) the dome lights will not activate when the door opens.

I actually like that feature for days when I'm cleaning or working on the Jeep, and want to hear the radio but don't want to hear the door chime. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts