Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I wanted to REPLACE the interior pieces to a different color, instead of PAINTING the interior, is there a website that sells the interior parts?

Either -
  • I would probably not do a good painting job on the parts;
  • The paint would eventually peel;
  • I would stupidly scratch the paint, thereby screwing up the job, etc.
I would rather take the time to just remove each piece, and replace it with the different colored piece.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, is it possible to remove & replace the panel that is covering the passenger air bag (above the glove compartment) without setting off the air bag?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Also, is it possible to remove & replace the panel that is covering the passenger air bag (above the glove compartment) without setting off the air bag?
I just swapped the entire interior in my 05 LJ. The airbag cover can be changed and is a pain in the arse! By far the most frustrating part of the entire job. A 10mm flex-head gear wrench just for the airbag cover is well worth the money.

·
Yipeee Kay Ayyy
2,839 Posts
Big job - nothing particularly hard, but time consuming and obviously important that things go back where they belong :)
Here are some progress pics when I pulled the dash on my (RHD) 97 TJ.

dash.JPG

dash 2.JPG

dash 3.JPG

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for posting the pictures.

After seeing all of that, in my search for my TJ, I think it would be in my best interest to just keep looking until I find a TJ with the interior that I like.
(I'm kinda partial to the black or dark charcoal interiors.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts