Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna remove spare from back an put it in the interior bed section. Dose anyone have a good build thread or idea?

·
Registered
372 Posts
I've seen a few where the guys have just used the stock spare tire carrier and bolted it to the floor inside so that the tire is mounted securely. Just make sure your tire fits between the interior fender wells and you should be good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know - old thread but is exactly what I have questions about. Has anyone used the floor seat belt bracket to bolt a spare tire holder down? I've been looking for a solution for this but haven't seen a product offered. I've got an LJR and I never have the back seat in. It came with an aftermarket bumper, but no carrier, so the off-road tire (just 33" for now) won't fit on the tailgate. Thanks.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I don't use the seatbelt anchor, but I do use these from Race Ready and Tuffy

·
Registered
11 Posts
Instead of installing hardware on the floor, I was hoping to use what's there. Something like this, but bolting straight in where the seat belt bolts down instead of using the pictured j-hook and plate.

It could be home made, of course. I figured it was a simple idea that someone may have mass produced and was selling.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Dont you have cargo tie down loops in the back? Two ratchet straps crossing each other is what i did

·
Registered
565 Posts
Instead of installing hardware on the floor, I was hoping to use what's there. Something like this, but bolting straight in where the seat belt bolts down instead of using the pictured j-hook and plate.

It could be home made, of course. I figured it was a simple idea that someone may have mass produced and was selling.
perhaps use the J bolt and one of these screwed into the seatbelt mounting hole

G-FORCE 109L: 1/2" Eyebolt, Nut & Washer, 50mm Long | JEGS

they screwed right into the factory seatbelt locations when I installed a harness into my YJ...so I would assume they would fit the TJ as well

1 - 8 of 8 Posts