Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2011 JK, 37k miles, has been doing this for several months. Go to start it and nothing. Try 2-3 times and nothing. Sometimes hot, sometimes not. Let it sit sometimes a short time and sometimes a long time, and eventually it has always started.

I can't see a pattern and it only happens rarely. I have it at the shop now and naturally it won't fail to start there.

Key switch, relay or two, computer, solenoid, starter. We can't find the problem.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
probably the yellow starter wire clip in the engine bay.... allot of the 3.7L have the same issue.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Try removing the battery cables, clean them (and the terminals) and then reinstall.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
The most common cause for the symptoms that you describe is a fault in the Wireless Control Module. "No Engine Crank Or No Engine Start Due To Electronic Lockup Of ... The WCM is also referred to as the Sentry Key Remote Entry Module (SKREEM). ... This condition is corrected by the replacement of the WCM". There is a TSB for this condition for 07 and 08 JK's, but the problem also occurs in 09-11 JK's, even thought they're not covered under the TSB.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the Jeep in the shop for 2.5 days. The mechs were all over it and tried dozens of times starting it to see if it would replicate the problem. No luck. Started like a champ every time.

The shop didn't want to just guess and start changing parts, so we gave up for now. Good people, no charges to me, but the problem is still there...somewhere. Now, I just don't have much confidence and the thought of being stuck out in the middle of nowhere isn't very attractive to me, so no exploring in the Jeep. Bummer!

I am going to pass along the info on the wireless module.

·
Premium Member
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help and Merry Christmas to all!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts