Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an intermittent tail light issue and am trying to determine what it could be. From time to time, I will hit a bump and the right rear turn signal warning will appear on my dash. Until yesterday, the issue would correct itself.

Yesterday the issue persisted until I got to my office. I activated the turn signal and walked around the Jeep and whacked the side of the tail light with my hand. The signal magically started working. I decided I had a loose connection. I shut the Jeep off, removed the tail light, and re-seated the bulb. Everything worked great on the commute home but today I hit a bump on my way in and once again the warning appeared.

I don't see it being a fuse - whacking the tail light wouldn't help that.
I don't think it's the wiring harness - that's not inside the tail light housing so smacking the tail light shouldn't affect it.
The bulb isn't blown or it wouldn't work at all.
The bulb doesn't feel loose.

I don't have a good guess at what the issue is other than "something with the bulb" and plan to get a new one this afternoon unless any of you super smart people have a better idea for me. I would love a better idea.

·
Premium Member
1,337 Posts
My guess is the bulb filament. I have had this happen before with bulbs. My right rear turn just went out yesterday. A two pack of replacement bulbs costed me $3.49 at my local Ace Hardware.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I'm hoping that's it. I picked up and installed a fresh bulb this afternoon, so we'll see if the problem repeats itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts