Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After driving all day in the rain the other day, I got really tired of turning the wipers off/on to account for the various conditions , and thinking how really nice it'd be to have intermittent wipers.

Has anybody switched out thier wiper switch for an intermittent one ? From what I've read, seems to be a fairly easy swap out. Has anybody done it ?

I found a switch for $20, so probably get to installing it next week.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have Intermittent Wipers on my 97, and she was an SE.

You certain you do not? You twist the top of the wiper stalk.

Let us know pal.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Intermittent wiper switchout

On my 2000, it was just a matter of switching the controls - plug and play with good results.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
does just changing the switch on the column give you intermittent wipers? if if so does that switch fit in the column right? I want to do this on my 97

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
does just changing the switch on the column give you intermittent wipers? if if so does that switch fit in the column right? I want to do this on my 97
Yes. One from a Dodge Neon will work and is easier and cheaper to get from a salvage if you want to go that route.

·
Registered
294 Posts
That's a good site but I wonder if I can just go to a junk yard and do the neon thing posted here before or try and find a wrangler in junk yard and take wiper stalk off that I guess that would work right?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Yep, I got the intermittent wiper stalk from daveysjeeps.com for something like $20 and installed it in my 2000 TJ. Works great, and easy install.

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
In the Mopar catalog, it's part number 04793313. Switch, Right, Intermittent wiper. Wrangler parts are notoriously hard to find in most salvage yards, but the same switch was used in a lot of other Chrysler vehicles. The board won't let me post the fitment list, it's too big. Go to this link SWITCH. Right. Intermittent Wiper. (04793313 ) and find "Product Fitment/Applications. Notice it's a scrollable list. You should be able to find a vehicle on that list in any salvage pretty easily.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Go to a junk yard, pick out one from of the hundreds of 97-99 neons out there. Exactly the same unit as what's in a jeep. 3 screws to take the column cover off (if your a nice junkyard guy and don't just hack it off) one screw holds the unit in place, slalk and all. Undo the plug on the back and you are good. 5 bucks around here.

Won't work on 2000 or newer TJ's. Easiest way to tell is if you have your light switch on the lower left dash and not on the left stalk, your good

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I have also done this upgrade on my former 2000 Wrangler SE. I just bought a new switch at the dealership and popped it in. Voila! Intermittent wipers.

BTW: 2001 was when they moved the headlight switch from the dash to the turn signal stalk.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
The turn signal will swap also, but the hazard switch is a bit different. It is a push button and ours is a slide switch. You can modify the upper class shell with a dremel, or take the neon one with you. They are exactly the same also, but color matching may be off.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts