Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
International Waters

2016 JKU 6MT

Bought her off the lot Monday 11/09/16. Had been watching her in 'IN TRANSIT' status for over a month - was planning on custom ordering our Jeep but this one was so close to what we were after I had to take a look.

Only real thing I would have ordered differently was a body color hard top, but now that I have her I'm really starting to like the black.

As she was one day 1

First Mods - freebies:

Shortied the front bumper
Removed the Rubicon decals
Debadged the grill
Removed the Wrangler Unlimited designations

On order currently:

GraBars Front
ProCal Handheld
Trek Armor F&R Black with Red inserts
War Pig back seat blocks
Maximus Stinger
AntennaX 24in CB/AM/FM
Flowmaster American Thunder tucked single cat back

Stuff I want (but need to sell old car first):

MC 2.5 Gamechanger ARB/OME
MC Hardline F&R fenders with fenderliners all powdercoated
315/70-17 MT/Rs
Fuel Beast 17x9 -12 (I think this is where I'll head, we will see)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mods today

Installed the back seat blocks from War Pig. Air tools made the install a breeze.

Vented the HR hood vents - how could they come from the factory the other way, disgusting

Fabbed up a standoff for the clutch. My wife is 5ft 1 and the clutch gave her problems, had to sit too close to the airbag. This is just a couple of bolts through SS tubing with an aluminum face plate. Might cover with skateboard grip tape but it seemed fine for now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Brown Santa brought goodies

GraBars

Seat Covers - waiting to do the headrests until I'm sure they are settled and right. Cut a fingers wrastling these in - not particularly simple, no instructions

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some simple stuff today

Got the zombie killer attached - went well, their instructions are incomplete and could use a little work for clarity

Trusty Valentine 1 installed on a new Blendmount. Used their mirror tap for power; pretty slick bit of kit. Some changes in the pinning slots from previous JKs but the wires are still the same colors. Black with white is ground and Pink with yellow is switched/fused power.

Flowmaster showed up today, but I didn't install. Thinking I should put the exhaust spacer (which I don't have yet) in first since it is upstream. I could be wrong, might not be necessary - but I'm willing to live with that.

Enjoying the new ride a ton.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Welcome to the family! Gorgeous jeep, looks like you're headed the right way. I'm trying to convince the wife she needs a 4dr to go along with my 2dr :p
That'll look sick with MC fenders and 35s!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man & I appreciate it!

Went a little nuts today and pulled the trigger on:
2.5 MC ARB Gamechanger
Hardline F&R Fenders with inner fender set all powder coated black
Fox ATS Stabilizer

Ordered it all through a local shop with a great reputation - 4 Wheelers Supply. Happy to keep my money local and got a great price too, about 15% off list

Stoked

·
Registered
649 Posts
Thanks man & I appreciate it!

Went a little nuts today and pulled the trigger on:
2.5 MC ARB Gamechanger
Hardline F&R Fenders with inner fender set all powder coated black
Fox ATS Stabilizer

Ordered it all through a local shop with a great reputation - 4 Wheelers Supply. Happy to keep my money local and got a great price too, about 15% off list

Stoked
Awesome! It's always good to support local. Wish I had shops near by ha. Make sure to post pics! Wish my jeep had a sweet hood like yours :/

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Got the exhaust spacers in today to installed the flowmaster. Basically went well. The spacer made the flowmaster kit a little too long, took up all the slack I could with the slip joints but alas had to break out the angle grinder and do some kustom kuts. Got it stuck. Sounds good. A bit of growl. No drone. Pretty solid.

Also since the last post I did a little paint work on my dash bar and made the inlays red. Painted the mounting hardware black and installed the antenna x 24 incher. Messed with the clutch pedal plate and shortened it .5 of an inch. Put on DRLs and one touch lane change. Ordered a Maximus 3 tire carrier, wheels, and a synergy fox ATS mount.

Waiting for my lift to arrive dot dot dot

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Blue Baby Sound

Thanks dude!

OK, some new stuff
Had a few mins last night before dinner while wife was getting ready - installed the JWS Led headlights. Super simple and quick, I think I was in and out in under 15 mins. Love em

Here is a pre-game shot from the exhaust install, OEM suff is out and I am ready to stick the Flowmaster in

I know it may be a little cheezy, but this sticker really makes me chuckle. I might just have to do it, if for just a little while

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Got the tire carrier installed tonight. Pretty straight forward. Decent instructions. Almost got caught by the one washer but caught it before it was too late. Not sure why I thought it went under the pin instead of under the bushing but I figured it out fairly fast. Nice work Maximus 3. This thing is on tight and no squeaks or issues.

Ready to carry a heavier wheel and tire.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
New wheels came in. 17x9 et -12

So did TPMS. Still waiting on some hubcentric adaptors and gorilla close ended racing lugs (black).

Ordered tires today too. Damn, that hurt a little. Goodyear Wrangler MT/R 35 /12.50R17.

Since we last documented I got some of the interior red leds done. Rear canbus one I got did not fit, ordered two more different ones - figure one of them will work. Ordered red photo gels to retrofit into the rear view mirror lights.

Also, my tiny wife rode in the back and hated the OEM grab handles - got some paracord ones that mount into the soundbar. They seem really stout.

Finally, got drunk on black friday - ordered adapters for the 10x bumper and some speaker 6145Js from Maximus 3 on their black friday deal. Website didnt specify they were Js, just 6145s and I didn't get to specifiy chrome or black. I was drunk. Next day I kinda freaked. But I am happy to say Maximus 3 came through with shining colors and got me the black ones (so they hide away on the bumper) and they are the anti-flicker Js ones. Sweet. Note to self: cut out the drunken QVC stuff dude

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Also, just for documentation purposes, I took her out wheeling yesterday. Basically wanted to establish a baseline for what she could do fully stock before lift/tires/etc. Didn't even get close, I crapped out far before she did. Wow, love this beast.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Excited to see the wheel setup! Haha yeah you've gotta be careful with those drunken jeep part orders. Turned out good though! You'll love em!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lovely wheels! Are they Fuel Beast's? I'm looking at those for mine. Are your diffs 4.10's? I am interested how you find the drive with 35" tires. I'm nervous to put larger tires on and kill the performance.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@Mickypee - thanks and yes, the Beasts. Havn't seen many people run them but do love the concavity, it was between these and the RR XHDs for me.

I do have 4.10s (6mt) and seriously hope I like the ride with the 35s. I will report my findings when I get it all pulled together.

Can't say I haven't considered a regear though (if needed) but really hope I don't have to go down that path. Guess we'll see. If I do I'm mentally stuck between the 4.56 and the 4.88 - the .56 will be really close to what I have now with the .10/32 combo and the .88 will give a bit more low end grunt.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have a 2015 Rubicon and am running 35 in Grabber Red Letters wrapped on 17 in Fuel Anza rims. I have the 4.10 gears that come in Rubicons and dont have problems with the power except at higher speeds or long uphills. With that said I drive it like I stole it and a quick down shift can usually solve the problem. A standard of course.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Please get these wheels mounted!! I've got them on order and can't wait to see how they look. Going 37 on mine. Great build you have going.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts