Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Me too! I went with a 2.5 MC Gamechanger ARB lift. If it was only me I'd a gone 3.5 (and 37s) but I have a short wife to share the Jeep with. (We are attempting to downsize to just one vehicle, we'll see how that goes)

Went with the MC Hardline fenders.

I think between the lift and fender there will be some room for the tires to articulate and from what I've read it should firm up the on road experience as well. I'm turning inside out waiting. ;)

I just noticed you're from the green valley area. My F350 used to live down there, the guy used to to haul open wheel race cars (like formula fords IIRC); small world

·
Registered
238 Posts
nice man mc lifts are a little higher i think so you will probably be 3 inchs. im gonna switch my springs to mc as well in the next few months with there contral arms. o thats cool man defintly a small world

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I put about 40 miles on it this afternoon. Feels great. Firmed it up a bit but by no means is it rough. I think it feels compliant and all around good. I'm loving it need to take her to the dirt this weekend to really find out.

Glad I only did the 2.5 - it's plenty with the 35s and fenders

Looks like it should have right out of the box IMO (but I'm always saying that after I modify vehicles lol)

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Got 1.5in from the tires and about 3.25 from the MC 2.5. This is the front door handle which is in about the center between the axels.

Before

After

·
Registered
238 Posts
Looks awesome congratulations! Any pics of the suspension?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great idea with the black JW fogs; I think I'm going to go with the same combination on my new Mopar off road bumper. Looks good.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Great looking Jeep! I like the tire/wheel combo with the minimal fenders. Have fun with her!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
@deekum1627 thanks and no, not really - every time it was flexing I was in the Jeep (not out with a camera)

Thanks @lonsjeep and @mmason3, having a blast so far!

Also for documentation - I remeasured the suspension height at the drivers door today. Lost 1/4in due to settling I'm sure (having pounded it around a bit this weekend helped if I had to guess)

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Nice build so far. I have a 16 Hard Rock that I'm about to start building up.

Is that the Maximus-3 stinger you have on the front? If yes, we have lots of similar mods so far (mine are all in boxes waiting to be put on).

I'm considering this lift along with a few others for when I get to that point. I like the idea of the dual rate springs this comes with which seems like it will provide a pretty decent on-road ride along with off-road performance.

You still liking it with a few weeks of having it?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Hiya @rubi77 - yes, it is the Max3 stinger (nice piece). I checked out your thread, looks like you are off to the races and have a good backrgound in this - proof is in your 2 door pudding.

I lived in Lexington Park MD in a former life. VA Beach and Alexandria as well. Love Maryland!

I am digging the lift. It is everything 'they' said it would be. I've put ~1000 miles on it. Spot on, great on and off road manners. I can cruise at 80 on the freeway and have done stuff offroad that amazes me (compared to my fullsize Ford 4x4 background). I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Full adjustability, bomber arms, no complaints.

I am going to tweak it a bit. Lower the bumpstops to 2". Put in adjustable front sway links, but really these are just little OCD things.

Hope you enjoy your rig and build!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Right on. I'm gonna mess with bumpstops a little and maybe get some adjustable quick discos for the front seat next. Been cold and wet here so I've been putting off the bumpstop tweak till it dries up.

You start looking at unlimiteds yet?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Got a bottle opener (ordered in from London) to mount on the tire carrier. Grape Nehi here I come ;>

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
@allrsdup - thanks
@Pressurized. Hey Rod, thanks again for your words of wisdom. Got the bumpstop dialed in today and tested. Good stuff and got some free travel back. Also spoke with MC and set my new sway links at 11.75 inches which is 1/2 am inch lower than the ones that came in the MC kit. Also took the grinder to the tube and got it clearanced. Lowered the sway angle to 14* down from 18*.

·
Super Moderator
16,573 Posts
@allrsdup - thanks
@Pressurized . Hey Rod, thanks again for your words of wisdom. Got the bumpstop dialed in today and tested. Good stuff and got some free travel back. Also spoke with MC and set my new sway links at 11.75 inches which is 1/2 am inch lower than the ones that came in the MC kit. Also took the grinder to the tube and got it clearanced. Lowered the sway angle to 14* down from 18*.

OUTSTANDING!!! It looks fantastic. Great rig you have.

I'll let you know the next time we get together and if you can join, all the better.

41 - 60 of 67 Posts