Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All from The Adirondack mountains in upstate NY,
I have owned Cj's and TJ's in the past and have really been missing my Jeep life especially living in the area I live in with a ton of logging trails and active Jeep clubs.
I posted an ad on Craigslist( see 1st link) looking to trade my 2003 Ford F250 Diesel with 110,000 miles for a Jeep of equal value.
Someone responded with a 1999 Sahara with a 3 inch lift, 33inch tires, plow in pretty nice looking shape, For $10k with plow (see 2nd craigslist link and pics)
After speaking with the current owner I was told that the frame had professional repairs done and is now "stronger than new" Even though the frame pics look good I still think the repairs lower the value of the TJ and I am actually thinking of turning down the proposal, If it were not for the clean pictures and my hunger to get back into Jeeping I prob would not consider it.
The owner wants to trade my truck plus $1500 for his Jeep and plow, What do you guys think of this trade?? All opinions are appreciated and thanks for reading.. Scott

1st CL link to see my truck 2003 F250 4x4 Diesel for wrangler

2nd CL link to see jeep
https://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/cto/5431769131.html

Attachments

·
Registered
347 Posts
What was wrong with the frame to warrant the repairs, and how comfortable do you feel with the quality of said repairs? Also, if you don't need the plow, suggest that he remove it, sell it separate, and make it an even trade.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I wouldn't be too worried about the frame repairs. At least it means you won't wind up buying one thats rusty. Don't forget that these are now getting to be pretty old vehicles so there are not going to be too many that have not had some sort of rust repair, chassis straightening (from accidents) or other types of major work. They're like Lego anyway so you can always re-do the work yourself in years to come if it turns out to be a bad repair.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts