Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am coming out of lurk mode. I have been reading here for a good bit before buying my Jeep and a whole lot since buying it. There is a lot of knowledge on this forum and some humor too, which I love. You guys helped me make lots of decisions and you didn't even know it. I have even giggled quite a few times.

My favorite threads so far are the "dog and Jeep" thread because I love both. I will have to try and get my 6 in mine and get a group shot, but that is like herding cats. The "Jeep/Photographer" thread, because I love photography, but I stink at it. There are awesome pictures there, I want to take pictures like that when I grow up. The "Cheap mod" thread, my favorite was the 6 pack strapped in the backseat, because besides loving Jeeps and dogs, I also love beer. Oh and I love the "pokey Jeep drive" thread and I do the very same. All other vehicles I have had I drove like my hair was on fire. I love the ride of a Jeep, always preferred a truck over a car. You could not give me a luxury sedan of any kind. I do love speed though so I will miss that.

So I just bought my very own Jeep, I got a JK Unlimited Rubicon. We already have a YJ 2 dr for a toy, but I wanted a full time Jeep for me. I have wanted one for decades and finally got one. I am 52 yrs young and a woman. No I am not a mail crawler, hate the mall never go. I try to get out of grocery getting every time I can, but sometimes it can't be avoided...we have to eat. I let my husband get those as often as I can talk him into it. It could be a mid life crises, but I really don't think so. It probably would have been better to get one at 30 or even 40, but I probably could not have afforded one then.

Yes I know about "the wave" and I took the oath with a friend of mine that has a Jeep that I would never fail. We own and ride a Harley, so I know the commitment of the wave. I have had many people snub me on the "Jeep wave" though, they don't seem as committed at the Harley people, but it doesn't stop me from waving anyway. I also know about the controversy over chrome.:)

So far all I have done to my Jeep is new tires and wheels. I did get black wheels at first, but I just couldn't feel the love. I traded them out for a bit more bling. Not chrome though, aluminum and black, so I compromised. My next purchase will be steps/rock rails, but that is a whole other discussion. I have narrowed it down though. I have learned a whole lot about those here. I am like most all other here in that I can't decide if I want to remove my Rubi rock rails or keep them.

So thank you all for you knowledge and sharing it so freely, it has helped me tremendously. Without further ado, I will attempt to post a picture of both Jeeps, but remember I stink at photography.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I like your choice of toys, Jeeps and Harley's. Jeeps can sort of be like Harley's since adding goodies to make it your own is pretty normal for both. I sold my photography business so now I get to shoot whatever I want. Keep going on both, build your jeep the way you want it, and keep taking photos till you master light and composition.
Oh, and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
The JKU is ehh, alright, but that YJ is smokin!!! Just teasing, they're both great looking jeeps. And your pictures don't look any worse than mine, so you're beyond the red neck photography level(it's not hard to beat though)! Welcome to the world of posting, hope to see you commenting and making more threads as things develope.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I like the YJ too. My husband wants to sell it, but I don't. It has a brand new 350 in it, it will go.

·
Premium Member
1,536 Posts
Welcome and thank you for coming out of the shadows! We need more females who are brave enough to post here. I have a 90 YJ that is my weekend toy, but I'm seriously considering trading my Mustang GT for a JK as a DD, they are two totally different vehicles. I could never ever sell my YJ!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I like the YJ too. My husband wants to sell it, but I don't. It has a brand new 350 in it, it will go.
A YJ with a 350......why oh why would he want to sell it????

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He wants a stupid sports car. I may have to put my foot down and just keep it. In the beginning I thought it made sense for me to get my own Jeep to be a daily car for me and a toy on weekends, but after reading here so much I do see now they are different and serve different purposes. I wonder how many women are on here, come on ladies speak up. I have learned so much here, I have even impressed my husband. I didn't take credit though, I confessed I learned it all here. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts