Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Jeep owner, bought a 13 JK Sahara 2 door with just under 18,000 miles back in October. I keep kicking myself for not buying one sooner, I love my Jeep. I wasn't really planning on dealing with the exhaust until trail damage required me to. However, my Jeep came equipped with one of those lazy heat shields that has grown tired of staying where it is supposed to and has decided to rest itself on top of the muffler. I'm considering just removing the shield and the muffler and going with the Magnaflow Off Road Pro Series cat back. I would like to hear from anyone who has this system on a 12+ 2 door. I'm also open to any suggestions of other high tuck style systems.

·
Registered
183 Posts
no experience in that brand, but not sure about ur costs but I just removed my stock muffer and in its place I put a flow master super 44 lol cost me $90 did the wielding my self tho

·
Registered
271 Posts
Literally, every Jeep I've owned the heat shield over the exhaust has rusted, rattled, then felt off. Now when it happens I just yank them out and toss it. I replaced it with a new one for like $18 last time. But that fell off few months down the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the response, guys. Yeah, I thought about replacing it or just removing it. But, I figured if I was going to go through the hassle of that I might as well just take care of the whole thing. Which is something I was going to do eventually anyways. This situation just moved up the timeline on doing so.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts