Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Day I drove it home

Plastidipped the Hood

Plastidipped the Hinges

Sears Diehard Platinum Batt

Bumper installed

ENGO 12k Mounted and Wired (I remote mounted the solenoid near the battery)

Got the cover too... Figured if I took care of it, it'll take care of me

The UPS guy really hates me (Lift install in progress)

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lift pics

Pre lift Rear Height from ground

Pre Lift Front Height from ground

Put it up on 6 ton jack stands and removed the wheels/tires

Before

Rear components

Rear install complete

Front parts new vs old

When they said there was a "thick plate" under the front springs, they were not kidding.

Setting caster angle using Jerry Bransfords trick/advice

Tuffy checking my alignment after I set my caster/pinion.

Is it normal to have this much of a difference ? I didn't force the arms into the axle. Manufacturing difference ? It drives straight, doesn't pull to either side, has no vibrations, and the steering wheel is self centering after a turn.

Front height after lift and tires

Rear height after lift and tires

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tires

Naturally the lift led to bigger tires (Don't let the picture fool you. I bought 5. They had already mounted the spare)

Out with the old (The original tires from 2005 the PO had never changed)

In with the new 33x12.5 Duratracs on 15x8 Procomp 7096s

Thanks Discount Tire ! Worth every bit of the 30mi drive.

Finished product

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Digging the build! Looking forward to the rest.
Thanks ! It's been a ton of work, but it's very rewarding to see the results. Learning lots too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Love the safari rack on this one. Goes really well with the color. You've got good taste!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How do I subscribe to a thread? I know, daaaaa...
If you have not yet figured it out, it's a check box underneath the text box on "advanced" reply.

Love the safari rack on this one. Goes really well with the color. You've got good taste!
Thanks ! I dig it. PO had it bedlined and everything. I like the height it adds. Regular TJ dimensions are gold. Since mine is a little longer, needs to be a little taller. And the extra space is nice.

Very nice! That's definitely my favorite color for the LJs. Maybe one day :drool:
I love it. Khaki on black is kind of what I'm going for. But my fender flares match the soft top/soft door uppers, so I'm not sure if I'm going to black them out or not. Might try plastidipping one side and see how I like the color, then do something more permanent if I do. If not, just peel it off no harm done.

Next up is replacing all the dome lamps with LEDs... cheap, fun fix. LEDs should get here in a week (Since it's Xmas time).

Then the gas tank mod so it stops regurgitating gasoline at me when I fill it up... Part on the way for that too. Some new GM hose.

And a new subwoofer... Since I returned from overseas and my sub blew as soon as I turned the radio on -,-

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So on my '05 it used to regurgitate gas at me when it was done filling up. There's a simple fix so I jumped on it. Rather than replacing the whole tank...

New GM hose with a flapper (the bulge in the middle). No more gas shooting up at me ! I can fill up my tank like a normal person now.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice build OP, looking good. :)
Thanks !
What gas door is that? Got a pic of it dead on?
Good question... It's part of the Rubicon Sahara Special Edition. I'm going to guess it's a MOPAR door. It's metal (I'd guess aluminum, but could be steel). I'll get some pics for you tomorrow (since it's dark)

subscribed! I have the same bumper and I will be getting the rear for Xmas. What kind of rack system is on there? Good job!
Thanks ! It's a Garvin Wilderness Expedition rack that's been bedlined. I really dig it. Expands what I can carry 1000 fold.

That's a nice looking jeep! Good work on the lift install.
Haha. Oh man. There were some moments I just wanted to throw whatever tool I had in my hand across the street and :atomic:. But then I remembered that I'd been working for like 8-10 hours without food and sleep. The next morning I always felt so much better :happyyes: I learned a lot and I'm proud to say I did all the work myself. Though that's nothing special on these forums !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts