Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any GPS apps that give the directions through the audio via Bluetooth?

Waze works in my Ford but not my Jeep :(

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Do you have to have it set on BT (aux) on head unit, or does it just interrupt any music from any source you are listening to? Any settings on the app/phone I should be aware of?

Thanks, trying real hard not to get a new head unit - directions through car speakers my first priority with a nav system

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Odd - the nav apps (Waze, Google) work through BT on my Ford perfectly (turn by turn interrupts my music).

But on my JK 2013 130 uconnect/SAT radio - nothing.

Any and all comments/suggestions would be great - trying to avoid spending $$$ for a Nav head unit when the 130 UC works great, but I really need voice prompts with my Nav

Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I haven't tried using Apple's Map or Google Maps with my UConnect 430. I need to give this a shot and see if the turn instructions are audible through the speakers or if the Phone is where the sound comes from. My Jeep is less than 2 months old and i've only been driving it around town thus far.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't tried using Apple's Map or Google Maps with my UConnect 430. I need to give this a shot and see if the turn instructions are audible through the speakers or if the Phone is where the sound comes from. My Jeep is less than 2 months old and i've only been driving it around town thus far.
Keep me posted!

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
for any of the GPS apps to give you turn by turn information, the radio has to be in BT streaming audio mode.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I find that I can't use the Bluetooth for sat nav unless I'm also playing music from the phone. I think it takes a couple of seconds for the radio to recognise that there's a Bluetooth input by which time the announcement has finished. If you're playing music via the phone already, then phone will fade the music and give you the directions.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts