Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any tricks here? Seems easy enough but its not working. The instructions on jeeps website don't give you the apple latest software as an option.

I have a 4G with Verizon and a 2012 jku.

Thanks

·
Registered
231 Posts
I also have a 2012 JKU and have had no issues pairing a 4G and 4Gs with the 730 radio. Make sure BT is enabled on the iPhone and following the instructions on the radio screen for pairing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Im running ios5-turned on BT on phone-turned on pairing on Jeep (430n)-entered pass code. Works every time for me.
x1
I also have a 2012 JKU and have had no issues pairing a 4G and 4Gs with the 730 radio. Make sure BT is enabled on the iPhone and following the instructions on the radio screen for pairing.
x1

same here... pairing with no problems.

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
Anybody get two phones to pair and connect via uconnect?

Can't get my droid 2 and iphone 4 to connect at the same time. I have the 204 page paper media center 730n rhr manual and it does not address connection issues.

I have posted this before and get more questions back than suggestions.

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Perhaps the questions are to help diagnose the problem. As with any problem, sometimes you need to go thru some steps before you get to an answer. Can you tell me what the SW version of the radio.
Uconnect lets you pair up to 7 devices. What are you expecting the system to do if you had both phones paired.
If you had your phone and your wifes phone both paired and you got in to go out for dinner. Your phone is paired as priority #1 and your wife's is #2. She gets a call from a friend about what time to meet at the mall tomorrow for shopping. What are you expecting the system to do?

Anybody get two phones to pair and connect via uconnect?

Can't get my droid 2 and iphone 4 to connect at the same time. I have the 204 page paper media center 730n rhr manual and it does not address connection issues.

I have posted this before and get more questions back than suggestions.

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
Perhaps the questions are to help diagnose the problem. As with any problem, sometimes you need to go thru some steps before you get to an answer. Can you tell me what the SW version of the radio.
Uconnect lets you pair up to 7 devices. What are you expecting the system to do if you had both phones paired.
If you had your phone and your wifes phone both paired and you got in to go out for dinner. Your phone is paired as priority #1 and your wife's is #2. She gets a call from a friend about what time to meet at the mall tomorrow for shopping. What are you expecting the system to do?
I expect the uconnect to let her use her phone via the bluetooth and communicate hands free.

Is that not the way it works in your Jeep?

·
Registered
173 Posts
tomthbomb said:
If only one can be connected at one time why have priorities?
I think if both get an incoming call-you can choose which to answer. It's goofy. My wife and I only paired one per vehicle for this (Journey, Jeep GC, and a few others with unconnect).

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
So, if my phone is priority 1 and my wife's phone is priority 2 and she gets a call should the Bluetooth connect her (priority 2) phone if I am not talking on my (priority 1) phone?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yep. And if you're on 1, but 2 gets a call-it either won't connect or it will pop up n the screen asking if you want to hold the current call and switch.
I should play with it with my wife and see what happens. Problem is she's out for the night-won't be able too until Friday after 5p.

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
Yep. And if you're on 1, but 2 gets a call-it either won't connect or it will pop up n the screen asking if you want to hold the current call and switch.
OK, that's my problem. When one connects the other disconnects. Can not make both connect at the same time.
When mine is connected then I connect hers mine is dumped (paired but not connected).

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Tom, the list of priority is to keep the phone list straight. If you had your personal phone in #1 because you are the daily driver, you had:
your work phone as #2
Your wife's as #3
(I don't know if you have kids but we'll use them as an example)
your son as #4
Your daughter as #5
etc.
You are all in the vehicle going to dinner, Uconnect needs to know which phone it should answer and run thru the system. Could you imagine driving along and your phone is paired up, your son gets a call, your BT connection is dropped and your sons is picked up by uconnect. Now you're listening to your sons call while trying to transfer the call to his phone and he's saying hold on everyone's listening.
The other problem is with time. I'm sure that you already know that it takes about 30 seconds for a phone to be found and connected. Uconnect isn't a phone, it's an inline device. This means that the phone receives a call and sends an "incoming call" message across the BT stream letting UC know that the phone has a call. UC now displays the incoming call, and prepares to run it thru the radios audio. Now it would take longer if if UC was setting there, a call comes in to your son's phone, your son's phone sends the message to UC, UC displays the incoming call, displays "do you want to answer your sons call" (or something similar)? If you selected yes, then UC would have to drop your connection, find your sons phone and now connect with it.
This would take longer than the phone would ring thru before going to voice mail.
Now if you are driving along on vacation, you've been driving and are now tired so your wife starts driving but she's expecting a call to come in. In order for it to come thru UC (1) of (2) things need to be done. Either:
1) You turn the BT off on your phone
2) You press the UC button on the radio, "say set up, select phone", you be asked what phone you want to select......
As I mentioned in another post, when you do method #2, is only good thru the current ign key cycle. when you leave the vehicle and come back, your phone will now connect. So if your wife is going to be driving after dinner, getting gas etc, then the best thing to do is method #1.

OK, that's my problem. When one connects the other disconnects. Can not make both connect at the same time.
When mine is connected then I connect hers mine is dumped (paired but not connected).

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
What I have to do to reconnect my phone after being bumped off (disconnected) makes it not worth the trouble of expense of a 730N. Must be my junk Droid

·
Commercial Member
2,013 Posts
Tom, I'm really not trying to be an ass here but trying to understand better so that maybe I can help you. You may have already said this, but I monitor 7 different forums trying to help people with Uconnect issues. This is not my daily job but I figure that the customers can't get the proper help from Chrysler customer care or the Service depts, so I try to assist.
Can you please explain to me again (possibly) when does your phone get "bumped". Is this after you have selected to play your iPad or your wife's phone? If not, then is this "bump" just a random thing. Like it was just working and now it's not?
Sorry for the questions.

What I have to do to reconnect my phone after being bumped off (disconnected) makes it not worth the trouble of expense of a 730N. Must be my junk Droid

·
dirt road inspector
2,997 Posts
Tom, I'm really not trying to be an ass here but trying to understand better so that maybe I can help you.
Don't worry about it and thanks for the help. I will probably be taking the 730 out and replacing it with the JVC unit that was in my last vehicle. Better nav and bluetooth works with all my phones with no hassle factor.

·
Registered
342 Posts
OK, I have a question and hopefully a simple one. Now that two phones have been paired into our system and working, what happens the first time the battery is disconnected and is there something that holds this information or does one have to start all over with the setup?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts