Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 with the RER radio. My streaming audio thought he blue tooth is a little sketchy when it works and if I touch the screen on the phone the music jumps to fast speed and the only way to get it back to normal is shut it all down. When I use the cable from the usb in the arm rest I get nothing, just an endless "reading" message or sometimes an error. I have tried 3 different cables, 2 ipod touch devices and my iphone and they all work the same way.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just bought the Motorola T505 speaker Bluetooth that tells you what clear radio station to tune into and you can connect your Bluetooth phone and the music plays through your Jeep speakers.
If a phone call comes in it turns the music off, tells you the # of who is calling, you push the button to talk, when done the music comes back on.
It was $79.00 in Canada.
Hope this helps, another questions let me know.
P.S. All wireless until you need to charge it. Comes with cig charger.

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
I have a 2011 with the RER radio. My streaming audio thought he blue tooth is a little sketchy when it works and if I touch the screen on the phone the music jumps to fast speed and the only way to get it back to normal is shut it all down. When I use the cable from the usb in the arm rest I get nothing, just an endless "reading" message or sometimes an error. I have tried 3 different cables, 2 ipod touch devices and my iphone and they all work the same way.
Have you tried letting the "Reading" message sit for a while when you use USB? If you have a really long list of songs it can take some time to get started. The first time I plugged in my iPod, I just let it sit there in "UCI Reading..." mode for about 5 straight minutes, and eventually it finished and started playing music.

It seems that once you let it finish, the information is cached somewhere so you don't have to do it again the next time.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I will try letting it read the files on the way to work today. That takes about 25 minutes. The 2011 is already set up for blue tooth streaming audio, it just doesn't work that well. I don't understand why it jumps to hyper speed as soon as I touch the iphone? Does anyone have this on their 2011 and have it working correctly?

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
I will try letting it read the files on the way to work today. That takes about 25 minutes. The 2011 is already set up for blue tooth streaming audio, it just doesn't work that well. I don't understand why it jumps to hyper speed as soon as I touch the iphone? Does anyone have this on their 2011 and have it working correctly?
I have it, but haven't tried it yet. I'll have to give it a shot when I get home.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
dlampe said:
If you have an Aux input, use that.
Plugs Into the radio and connects to iPod/iPhone via headphone hole

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought about playing it with the headphone jack but then you have to use the iphone to control the songs. I paid a lot for this new rig and I think everything should work. I now have the songs loaded and it reads them but it won't play them. If someone figures this out I would love to have a conversation with them.

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
I thought about playing it with the headphone jack but then you have to use the iphone to control the songs. I paid a lot for this new rig and I think everything should work. I now have the songs loaded and it reads them but it won't play them. If someone figures this out I would love to have a conversation with them.
Hey I JUST tried to listen to a song via Bluetooth audio on my iPhone 4. Same exact problem as you. Choppy and playing fast.

So your options are:

1) Deal with the annoyance of listening through the AUX jack and controlling from the iPod/iPhone

2) Deal with the static interference when using the USB connection

3) Deal with music you can't even listen to when using Bluetooth Audio.

Hmm. I don't like any of those options.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to the dealer and they told me that the software doesnt support the latest version on the iphone(4.1). That sucks because in the manual it says to make sure you are using the latest version of apple software!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok, so what's the solution? I recently (last week) bought a 2011 Wrangler and am having the same difficulties with the USB port cord connection to my IPod nano. Endless 'Reading...' messages/'Reading...then 'Error Occurred' messages or nothing at all. Twice, and only twice, the IPod acutally played. I found myself sitting in the car long after having reached my destination, just to hear my chosen music through the vehicle's exceptional speakers.

How can this mess be fixed???

·
Registered
401 Posts
There's a compatibility list somewhere for for 430N and the iphone, and if I remember correctly, the iphone 4 is listed as non-compatible for bluetooth streaming. I'll see if I can find it again... My Iphone3g works flawlessly streaming. I'm definitely not getting a new iphone, lol

**edit: Found it, if you scroll down to the 430N it lists the iphone4 as not compatible with streaming audio: https://www.jeep.com/hostb/crossbra...e_Devices_Compatibility_Test_Report_Rev_B.pdf

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
Ok, so what's the solution? I recently (last week) bought a 2011 Wrangler and am having the same difficulties with the USB port cord connection to my IPod nano. Endless 'Reading...' messages/'Reading...then 'Error Occurred' messages or nothing at all. Twice, and only twice, the IPod acutally played. I found myself sitting in the car long after having reached my destination, just to hear my chosen music through the vehicle's exceptional speakers.

How can this mess be fixed???
I wish I could tell you... my iPod Classic (80GB) works fine with the USB port, except for the issues presented here: http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/uconnect-oddities-67324.html

None of which have actually been solved on my end. The static and stopping issues don't really present constantly, so I haven't brought it in yet to see if the dealer can explain it.

Even ignoring these issues, it takes SO long to scroll through the Artist listing on the MediaCenter 130 display that it's arguably even less convenient than controlling from the iPod and just plugging into the aux jack. :mad:

·
Hardcore Jeeper
3,320 Posts
They are called, playlists. you make a couple for different moods or types of music, and when your ready to go you pick one to drive to. this way you dont have to play with your ipod while driving, unless you want to skip to the next song. Its much safer and you can use the aux in and not have to worry about any of those fancy connection systems working.

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
They are called, playlists. you make a couple for different moods or types of music, and when your ready to go you pick one to drive to. this way you dont have to play with your ipod while driving, unless you want to skip to the next song. Its much safer and you can use the aux in and not have to worry about any of those fancy connection systems working.
I use playlists when I'm looking for a mix of music. But sometimes I want to listen to an entire album. Or I want to just randomize all the songs from a single artist. I can't create playlists for every artist, or I defeat the benefit of playlists.

Jessie, how old is your iPod Nano? It may be a compatibility issue if it's an older model.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Jeff, my IPod is newer than the Jeep! (Newest version, purchased three days ago.) But I've also tried the Uconnect hook up with my four year old Mini and have had the same results.

Could it be a compatibility problem and not a serious flaw in the Uconnect system? That would be SO much simpler to rectify!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Had a similar problem a while back. Have you tried looking at the ipod while it's playing? You may have inadvertently hit the FF. If you have a touch or iphone its easy to check, just touch the double triangles or the 2X, 4X etc.

Hope that's it and not something more technical!

Just got my jeep and I'm loving it!!

·
Trying to Get Lost
1,080 Posts
Okay, I think we've inadvertently created a third problem from the first two, so let's be clear about the specific issues:

1. dlampe (and probably anyone else with an iPhone 4, myself included) has an issue with Bluetooth wireless streaming audio. The problem sounds like it's fast forwarding, although I think in reality it's only playing every few frames with blank frames in between (like a buffer issue), making it SOUND like its fast forwarding.

2. Jessie is having an issue with the tethered connection via the USB port in the center console where the iPod is failing to play.

---------------

Some have said that Problem #1 is an issue with the iPhone 4 that has not yet been addressed by Apple. I can't verify that myself, but it seems reasonable.

Jessie, I'm not sure about your problem. I know that it does take a long time "Reading..." the first time you connect, but it should work eventually, and every time after that it should be much quicker. For you, it might be worth bringing back to the dealership for a look.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Okay, I think we've inadvertently created a third problem from the first two, so let's be clear about the specific issues:

1. dlampe (and probably anyone else with an iPhone 4, myself included) has an issue with Bluetooth wireless streaming audio. The problem sounds like it's fast forwarding, although I think in reality it's only playing every few frames with blank frames in between (like a buffer issue), making it SOUND like its fast forwarding.

2. Jessie is having an issue with the tethered connection via the USB port in the center console where the iPod is failing to play.

---------------

Some have said that Problem #1 is an issue with the iPhone 4 that has not yet been addressed by Apple. I can't verify that myself, but it seems reasonable.

Jessie, I'm not sure about your problem. I know that it does take a long time "Reading..." the first time you connect, but it should work eventually, and every time after that it should be much quicker. For you, it might be worth bringing back to the dealership for a look.

If you read the link I posted twice, you'll see that the jeep website clearly states the iphone 4 is not compatible with bluetooth streaming audio. Also, the iphone3 is not compatible with playing through the cable.........

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not only did I read the link, I printed it out! LOL! Did no good.

The list of iPods compatible with Uconnect was generated before the gen. of Nano which I purchased Monday even came out. I guess it's back to the dealership for me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts