Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 jku sport at 4wd with a 6in rough country lift and 22x37 by 12 wheels combo . The 6in lift looks more like a 4in lift ,so I wanna do a body lift and warranty my coils to see if that would lift it back to 6in ride height ,
but I'm thinking of putting a body lift.A 2in min what do you guys think is a 4in body lift too much. If I do a body lift I would put bumper relocate brackets and also some gap guard to cover the gaps.I have aftermarket bumpers would the gap guards work with the aftermarket bumpers .

·
Administrator
17,456 Posts
Everyone I've known that has RC coils they've worn out quickly, why not just replace them with a better coil?

·
Super Moderator
16,594 Posts
Can't imagine 22's and a 6" lift... But, maybe replacing the coils with something better and a 1.25" body lift would get you what you want. Problems all over the place when you go more than 1.25". Lots of people running 40" tires on WAY less left than that. No reason to go there in my opinion.

Reactions: Posimoto

·
Retired Moderator
103,035 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
3 inches is always the absolute maximum for body lifts. There is a reason that no one makes 4 inch body lifts.

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
I have a 2010 jku sport at 4wd with a 6in rough country lift and 22x37 by 12 wheels combo . The 6in lift looks more like a 4in lift ,so I wanna do a body lift and warranty my coils to see if that would lift it back to 6in ride height ,
but I'm thinking of putting a body lift.A 2in min what do you guys think is a 4in body lift too much. If I do a body lift I would put bumper relocate brackets and also some gap guard to cover the gaps.I have aftermarket bumpers would the gap guards work with the aftermarket bumpers .
a 2" body lift would be quite noticeable... and not in a GOOD way. It's not just the bumpers either. The fender liners start looking odd. The exposed frame rail at the bottom will be TOO exposed... yadda yadda. I have a 1.25" lift which looks fine, although I did have to extend the rear fender liners. but I would hesitate going much higher. IMO it will start looking pretty odd and silly.

A good shot of how stupid the rear fender liners look with just a 1.25" lift. You can see daylight clear though to the other side. Of course they have now been extended with 1/4" thick, black rubber so you can't tell anymore, but the point is... a lot more than just the bumpers are affected.

·
Registered
817 Posts
This is just MY opinion so no offense to anyone. I had a body lift on my first Jeep in college when I had no money, went bigger and did everything as cheap as possible. I have had several sense then and lifted and modified every one of them but I have never done another body lift and never will. Everyone said to do quality at every turn, do it right the first time and spend a little more so you don't have to do it again. I took a while to learn that they were right. Bottom line........it is your rig and you should do whatever you want. I am just giving my $.02 to hopefully help a fellow Jeeper not waste money along the way.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the feed back guys. I was thinking that maby anything over 2 was over kill. Im not much of a crawler I hit a trail here and there .After my warranty my coils deffently going to up grade to better coils and do a
1.25 body don't want all those gaps and look like a fool . I have upgraded my rear axels and lil by lil upgrading what breaks. Thank for the feed back . From mesa az

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
View attachment 4473536 Thanks for the feed back guys. I was thinking that maby anything over 2 was over kill. Im not much of a crawler I hit a trail here and there .After my warranty my coils deffently going to up grade to better coils and do a
1.25 body don't want all those gaps and look like a fool . I have upgraded my rear axels and lil by lil upgrading what breaks. Thank for the feed back . From mesa az
If you already have an RC lift, swapping out the springs won't/shouldn't change your warranty.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,594 Posts
If you already have an RC lift, swapping out the springs won't/shouldn't change your warranty.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I think maybe he meant the RC warranty on the coils...

@Jeepflow55071 do you have geometry correction brackets? Teraflex has a nice 6" coil.

·
Administrator
17,456 Posts
Thanks for the feed back guys. I was thinking that maby anything over 2 was over kill. Im not much of a crawler I hit a trail here and there .After my warranty my coils deffently going to up grade to better coils and do a
NOT bagging on you, but why do you feel you need 6" or more of lift?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't have geometry correction brackets. My adjustable control arm bolt to the stock frame mounts . The reason why I go with the 6in lift is because I like the jeep stance when it sits nice and high. I like the boxy high look.

·
Super Moderator
16,594 Posts
I don't have geometry correction brackets. My adjustable control arm bolt to the stock frame mounts . The reason why I go with the 6in lift is because I like the jeep stance when it sits nice and high. I like the boxy high look.
A true 6" lift without caster corrected axles or geometry correction brackets is not typically a great handling Jeep. Who is doing the setup and alignment work for you?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had a shop install my 6in lift kit that dose lift kits install. I bought kit from rough country. To be honest it drives fine and the shop did a wheel alignment when I got it back from them . It's not bouncy or rough it's just seems a lot lower that a 6in lift my buddy has a 4in teraflex lift installed on his jku and we're about the same height . I was thinking maby my something was not at full adjustment but it seem like it's my coils just sagging .

·
Super Moderator
16,594 Posts
I had a shop install my 6in lift kit that dose lift kits install. I bought kit from rough country. To be honest it drives fine and the shop did a wheel alignment when I got it back from them . It's not bouncy or rough it's just seems a lot lower that a 6in lift my buddy has a 4in teraflex lift installed on his jku and we're about the same height . I was thinking maby my something was not at full adjustment but it seem like it's my coils just sagging .
With the fender gap you already have, going higher is going to make it look disproportionate... I might throw a 3/4" coil spacer up front to level it out and be done. Does it wander on the freeway at all when going 65+ I suspect caster is low. Did the shop give you the alignment sheet when they did it?

·
Registered
7,206 Posts
Teraflex most often sits a bit higher than the stated height, so your 6"RC lift may well be 6 inches.

·
Super Moderator
16,594 Posts
I had a shop install my 6in lift kit that dose lift kits install. I bought kit from rough country. To be honest it drives fine and the shop did a wheel alignment when I got it back from them . It's not bouncy or rough it's just seems a lot lower that a 6in lift my buddy has a 4in Teraflex lift installed on his jku and we're about the same height . I was thinking maybe my something was not at full adjustment but it seem like it's my coils just sagging .
That is also common from Rough Country... I have an RC 2.5 lift here at the house that I took off a friends Jeep and put on my old Rock Crawler 2.5 and he's 1.5" higher on the RK lift than he was on the RC lift.

Here, take this measurement and we can tell how much lift you have...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts