Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently deciding on if I should buy a SPOD or not. There is one local that I can buy for $300 from someone who has installed it but never ran anything from it. Here is a run down of what I currently have wired and what I will wire in the future for now.

Currently installed:
Rigid Duallys
Cobra 29LX
Warn M8000

I will add this year:
HAM radio

Im trying to decide if these items are really enough to justify buying the SPOD. Running what I have currently hasnt been an issue and looked rather clean connected directly to the battery. Plus, everything that is currently ran is setup on an inline fuse as well.

Would it be worth spending the $300 for the SPOD or saving my cash?

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Buy it, for that price and it never have been used, yes. you have 2 accessories now that can go on it. Not the winch, but thats ok. the peace of mind with the features of the sPod are worth it, to me at least. No worries about battery drainage, keeps the interior looking clean and stock and completely removable with no damage to factory trim panels since no hols to drill.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Buy it, for that price and it never have been used, yes. you have 2 accessories now that can go on it. Not the winch, but thats ok. the peace of mind with the features of the sPod are worth it, to me at least. No worries about battery drainage, keeps the interior looking clean and stock and completely removable with no damage to factory trim panels since no hols to drill.
My plans may have already changed! Was just informed that the sPod they have is currently on a TJ! I have to figure out if they mount to the JKs the same or not.

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
They do, I went from an 07 to a 14 and had to buy a new source bracket and a new switch bezel and move the switches over. The footmans loop is offset compared to the older JK's, it cost me 150 for both brackets to transfer things over.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They do, I went from an 07 to a 14 and had to buy a new source bracket and a new switch bezel and move the switches over. The footmans loop is offset compared to the older JK's, it cost me 150 for both brackets to transfer things over.
Im going to see what itll take but for that price, I could just buy a brand new one direct.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts