Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you like them? any issues with balance ?
Saw them today at my local Discount tires, and i did like them enough to ask for their price :), $244 with black letters, 35x12.5x17, 3 ply sidewall, 77lbs, and 21/32 tread.

I love my KO2's, currently at 40k miles, and more likely another 40k miles more to go :), but maybe i'm bored and i need new air ? :drinks:
Haven't decided yet, i was supposed to wait for the KM3's, but at this price, i don't know, i can order them on Monday and have them installed by Thursday.. damn it.

i measured them mounted in a Nissan Titan 4 door
33.5" by their outer lip

20170422_131919_HDR by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

(measured this one wrong, as that is the iiner lip, but looking at the other where the tire rest, is a clear 33.5")
20170422_131425_HDR by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

In contrast, my K02's in 315/70/17 with 40k miles are currently at 33"
20170422_140414 by Wrangler RSM, on Flickr

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Damn, can they be that bad ? :)
I've been looking everywhere for reviews, and they seem pretty good so far, but still wonder why they haven't picked up more followers, they're on the heavy side, but that doesn't concern me one bit, i think they're priced fairly good, and the tire seems solid, the AT red letters were pretty much indestructible, so i figure this ones will follow that tradition.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Put a set on my wife's 15 JKUR. Like them so far but it's only been a week. You can feel the tread blocks hitting the road when you roll off the line. She is supposed to go with us next Sunday and get some trail riding.295-70-18 on a Sahara wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
738 Posts
JP Magazine reviewed the Grabber X3 in the May issue....good review...they had them for 3 or so months...off road and lots of highway...They were impressed.

JP Mag measured the X3 at 35"...they did not spec their way of measuring. I read on another forum that the Grabbers are a bigger 35" tire thus weight a little more than the smaller spec'd BF Goodrich tires.

General doesn't spend the money in advertisement and endorsements like BFG, Too, Nitto do so the general jeep pop hasn't picked up on them as much as the other brands.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I will measure them tonight. 295-70-18. General website says 34.5". The Flashcal was delivered earlier today so now I can reset the speedometer.

·
Registered
738 Posts
The way I measure and was told to is:

I use a long level with the bubble in it...place it on top of the tire at 30-32psi which 35's seems to run best at...and make sure level bubble is centered then I take my measuring tape and run it from the level device down to the ground. This give the true from center of tread measurement to the ground.

Measuring from the outer trade to the ground is really the wrong way to measure the tire while on my Jeep.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
That's s heavy 35!

·
Registered
819 Posts
I have the original grabbers on my jeep. I know they are a totally new tire. I also run nothing but generals on my work trucks. I had 32 on December 31st. I REALLY like Generals, and have had great luck with all the Generals I have run. When Helga is ready for new shoes, it will likely be Generals, because they have been so good to me. I will probably get the red letter versions, though.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
I will measure them tonight. 295-70-18. General website says 34.5". The Flashcal was delivered earlier today so now I can reset the speedometer.
On the Jeep they measured 34.5. You can feel the tread blocks hit the pavement when you first roll out but outside of that, I am liking them so far. Probably get a set for my 09 JKR once I wear out the KO2's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts