Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have a 2009 jeep wrangler x.

My check engine light came on. I took it to the dealership, and they said I have to replace the exhaust control valve. They charged me about 500$ for it. They said it won't be covered under the warranty...

Am i being ripped off or is there something I can do? I'm not very happy that something like that had to be replaced when the vehicle is under 4 years old... :banghead:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Do you mean EGR valve ?
EGR valve is required by Federal Law to be covered for 2 years/24,000 miles.
Should have been like a $95 part plus labor.
Call the Chrysler Customer Care number and have them run your vin number and see if it should be covered under warranty.If it is go back to the dealer and demand your money back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it's an EGR valve. I'm past 3 years of ownership and i'm just barely over 24k miles. Do you think this EGR valve could still be covered (i'm going to try to call tomorrow)?

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
Yes, it's an EGR valve. I'm past 3 years of ownership and i'm just barely over 24k miles. Do you think this EGR valve could still be covered (i'm going to try to call tomorrow)?
You can call but it's not covered. Only 3/36 on a JK. It would be covered under 5/50 if it was a heavy duty truck. Your Cat and Power Train Control Module is covered under 8/80.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts