Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is kind of a stupid question. Stock 2011 JKU - does it come with a standard limited slip diff? Or is it an open diff with the electronic brake sensor thing that acts like a LSD ?

What happens when you shift into 4H?

PS - watched the official jeep video on it, and I'm still confused.

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
If it's a base "Sport" JKU, it's probably a standard "open" diff. I'm not familiar with the equipment packages from that time frame, so I can't really offer any added info. Hopefully someone with more knowledge of that year will give some added info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unlimited Sahara. It's too cold to go outside and grab the manual and check so I was hoping someone could tell me here! Thanks for the input! I'm still trying to google it:pc-ouch:

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
No model has a standard mechanical limited slip. It has always been an option. All models have programming that uses the ABS/traction control to simulate a limited slip. As far as I can tell this works in all modes (2WD, 4WD high/low).

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
You have to check to see if you have limited slip, which is an option. Traction Control works in all JK's in 2WD. Brake Lock Differential is only in 4H and 4L, in all JK's. On a Rubicon, if a locker is engaged BLD is then disengaged for the axle that the locker is active. A JK has a few systems which are part of Electronic Stability Control.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Your option list will call it optional rear TracLok differential. It is not standard on any model but most popular on the Sahara.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Certainly some of the appearance packages may have the LSD, and so do some have the TruLok from the Rubi in the rear only. However, the TracLok is only an option on the Sport and Sahara.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Certainly some of the appearance packages may have the LSD, and so do some have the TruLok from the Rubi in the rear only. However, the TracLok is only an option on the Sport and Sahara.
is it really an appearance package if it has hidden upgrades?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the replies guys. Winter's just about over but things like this are good to know when it's snowy and icy out

·
Registered
394 Posts
Thanks for the replies guys. Winter's just about over but things like this are good to know when it's snowy and icy out
Your location is listed as Sarasota fl, it is neither snowy or icy in Sarasota, you might be able to make the argument that the temperature is "cool".....unless you are one of those reverse snow birds that move north for the winter :)

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Unlimited Sahara. It's too cold to go outside and grab the manual and check so I was hoping someone could tell me here! Thanks for the input! I'm still trying to google it:pc-ouch:
Better get that parka out! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jack both rear wheels slightly off the ground. Take it out of gear (or park) and rotate one wheel by hand. If the opposite wheel rotates in the same direction, you have limited slip. If the opposite wheel rotates in the opposite direction, you have an open diff.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts