Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I found some 2 tracks right around some power lines a little ways away from my house. It's only like 3/4 of a mile down and back from the main road before I hit a gate, I was just driving around a little bit, first time I've had it off the road... so I got home and was just checking under the jeep (05 TJ-X 6 speed manual) and saw this.

first, pardon the noobie question, but what exactly is this right in the center of the pictures (square thing with drain on it). I'm thinking possibly the transmission since it's got a drain. second, it appears to be dented on the far side of the picture :eek: (which would be the drivers side of the jeep). is this a really bad problem, because it's driving and shifting completely fine, (except for a small click that I can feel and hear in the clutch when I press it in from no pressure).

obviously, I think it's definitely time to invest in some jeep armor...

any suggestions on the click or the dent??

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Looks like a perfectly normal stock factory oil pan to me!

·
delicate %$^&*@ flower
14,751 Posts
No worries, a year ago I believed Jack when he mentioned changing blinker fluid.... and don't think I haven't forgotten the whole wrong sized rims thing you did to me, Jack.

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
No worries, a year ago I believed Jack when he mentioned changing blinker fluid.... and don't think I haven't forgotten the whole wrong sized rims thing you did to me, Jack.
I know I know. I'm the bad guy. :D I still remember reading your PM on that one. :D :D :D FUNNNAY STUFF

·
WINNAR!!!!!!
2018 JLUR on tons and 40's.
6,852 Posts
obviously, I think it's definitely time to invest in some jeep armor...

any suggestions on the click or the dent??
The dent is fine. That pan only holds oil. As long as it holds oil without leaking you are fine. The more you dent the pan the less amount you will have on your next oil change. My wifes oil pan is dented really well after wheeling it stock but it doesn't leak so I've left it.

The click sounds normal.

Your armor comment is very well warranted if you want to play. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
crap... i missed that blinker fluid comment earlier, I'd better get myself to auto zone!!! :D

seriously though, thanks for the comments, I appreciate the replies.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Sounds like you just got an idea for your next modification. Oil pan skid plate. I have a Warn on mine and it works great.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts