Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I Put a 2.5" RK X Factor lift and 35s on my 2014 JKR. I put the Teraflex exhaust spacers on to allow more movement for the stock driveshaft. I have JE Reel front and rear 1350s and I was wondering if I need to keep the exhaust spacers. I do not like the spacers because I'm having a hard time getting them centered perfectly (I.e. I see moisture dripping from the spacers after I start her up).

·
Registered
197 Posts
I think it's one or the other. And thanks for reminding me I need to order some spacers for my exhaust.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
I Put a 2.5" RK X Factor lift and 35s on my 2014 JKR. I put the Teraflex exhaust spacers on to allow more movement for the stock driveshaft. I have JE Reel front and rear 1350s and I was wondering if I need to keep the exhaust spacers. I do not like the spacers because I'm having a hard time getting them centered perfectly (I.e. I see moisture dripping from the spacers after I start her up).
with the JE reel ds go back to stock no need for spacers.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
I think it's one or the other. And thanks for reminding me I need to order some spacers for my exhaust.
I would recommend the Rancho exhaust spacer. it fit perfectly and perfect seal. It does require cutting the Y-Pipe but sawsall makes short work of that. The direction tell you that you need to remove the y-pipe to cut but after doing the install if I did it again I would leave it in place to cut.

·
Registered
6,202 Posts
its "driveshaft now" or "exhaust spacer now and driveshaft someday"

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
As stated you only need one or the other unless you are running a really tall lift.

Out of curiosity, did you notice any change in engine performance with the spacers? The lengths of the exhaust pipes are tuned and the spacers obviously change that tuning to some degree.

·
Super Moderator
21,977 Posts
As stated you only need one or the other unless you are running a really tall lift.

Out of curiosity, did you notice any change in engine performance with the spacers? The lengths of the exhaust pipes are tuned and the spacers obviously change that tuning to some degree.
I did not and when you think about it a 2door and a 4 door have different length exhaust and same tune. Modern day ecm's have a fairly wide berth when it comes to self tuning.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts