Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have done a bit of searching around and have found nothing. Is it legal to go without doors on the street in California?

·
Registered
787 Posts
I'm not sure about doors but to go without mirrors probably is a problem.

There are kits you can buy to add some tubes in place of the doors (quadratec sells them). You could call them and verify if they are street legal in Cal.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
I would run tube doors no matter what. No doors are dangerous the tube are a little secure.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
jebby said:
u make me sad on the inside :(
Sorry. I just prefer to live :) ever see a crash test with a half door jeep? It's no good.

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
No doors=no problem. If you roll, just point your hands above your head and act like Superman..you'll be fine..

·
Registered
54 Posts
Relocate your mirrors, wear a seatbelt and keep your hands and feet inside until the vehicle comes to a complete stop....lol.........really though, you ever see UPS trucks or mail trucks runnin with their doors open?

·
Rock-Rubber
16,971 Posts
LOL, if you put your hands up like superman your gona break your hands int he roll over ;) at least mine would. ever see the A pillars on a jeep after roll over, and the windshield. unless your cage is aftermarket or your lucky its not pretty. anyways, In pa you dont even need to relocate mirrors. at that fact Ive been running with no side mirrors at all since summer. Yes everyone says Im stupid but I dont like breaking them off on trails, call me crazy. 1 rearview mirror, and it has to be 1 in the inside of care, not just one side mirror is req. in PA.

for cali, call the cops, call your jeeps buds, then google ca road laws, i dont know what your website would be, but you should be able to find the laws for mirrors in 15-30 minutes.

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
GoldenSahara00 said:
they can put that quote on the casts around your arms afterward^

:)
Exactly!

·
Registered
790 Posts
Sorry. I just prefer to live :) ever see a crash test with a half door jeep? It's no good.
Well the easy solution is to just not get in a wreck. :flipoff:

I ride a motorcycle most of the time...so even with the top and doors off, I've still got significantly more protection in the Jeep than on the bike. :cool:

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
If you act like Superman and it still breaks your arms..make sure they cast your arms like this.. :flipoff: then send me a picture..

·
Dont forget a Jack strap
30,851 Posts
Bubba68CS said:
Well the easy solution is to just not get in a wreck. :flipoff:

I ride a motorcycle most of the time...so even with the top and doors off, I've still got significantly more protection in the Jeep than on the bike. :cool:
True. I've wrecked dirt bikes and fourwheelers. That's why I bought the jeep. More protection
OsageJeep said:
If you act like Superman and it still breaks your arms..make sure they cast your arms like this.. :flipoff: then send me a picture..
Haha no I was saying not to do it. I run with full doors( I'll probably run tube doors this summer though)

·
Premium Member
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You guys are awesome. Thanks for all of the responses. I ride a Ducati most of the year so I definitely prefer no doors. I bought mirror relocation brackets already. My Jeep came with Tuff door theft brackets. I have the key but I believe I will need to do a little grinding this weekend to get the brackets off.
Now the only problem I see with going doorless is having to drive around with my gut sucked in:eek:

·
Registered
54 Posts
The only laws prohibiting driving without doors exists in Rhode Island.....:9lame:

·
Wheelin' and Dealin'
1,521 Posts
Now the only problem I see with going doorless is having to drive around with my gut sucked in:eek:
haha every time you see a girl just suck in your gut and smile and try not to turn to red from holding your breath..

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey GS, I think technically in PA no doors is illegal, something about if the doors are standard equipment (I think doors were options on earlier CJs) you have to have them. That doesn't stop me, or a lot of Jeepers in my area, and I haven't been hassled. I'm sure there is some interpretation that can take place since Jeeps come standard with doors, but they are designed to be removed and there is a warning in the Jeep that says doors are not for safety, only for weather.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts