Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently installed my rc 3.25in lift and a t-case lowering kit that it came with. now i hear a noise that sounds like its coming from my drive shaft. it only makes it when im moving and it sounds like its hitting something as its spinning. i first noticed it after we got a couple inches of snow and i figure it was hitting a piece of ice that got lodged up in my t case but i looked under there now and theres nothing. so my question is could it be that my u-joints are starting to go? or has anybody else had this problem before?

·
Registered
642 Posts
Is there any vibration that goes along with the noise?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Is it a high pitched screeching noise?

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have heard of the shaft hitting the skid with that kind of lift, check for rub marks on the shaft and skid. You have to notch your skid for clearance if it is rubbing.

·
Premium Member
1,893 Posts
With a 3.25" lift your Driveshaft shouldn't be anywhere close to contacting the skid plate especially with a t-case drop even at full droop so I wouldn't worry about that. Try putting the front and rear axles on jack stands, then get a friend to turn the wheels while you look for the location of the sound. While it's up on the stands check your U joints and depending on how many miles your lift has been on for it might be a good time to retorque all the fasteners.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts