Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we are only driving the JL occasionally with the 2020 craziness - is it normal for a the radio's clock to lose significant time?
It lost 2 hours since we drove it last week? A couple minutes every now and again I can understand but hours?

Everything seems to work fine with the radio - just the standard for the Sport - hands free, radio, camera.

Thanks
Kevin

·
Super Moderator
9,436 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I can’t speak for the radio on Sport, but the clock on my 8.4” radio on my Sahara keeps the time via GPS. It adjusts automatically to time changes, time zone and all that.

Check in your settings: there should be an option to track time through GPS, or to keep time manually, like in the good old days.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Oldbear - will also check the batteries - prefer not to have to go back to the dealer. Doesn’t bother me but drives the wife nuts. LOL

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
Not normal. The advice to check batteries is a good one. That might just be your canary warning of bigger trouble.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Good luck. If it’s acting up make them fix it while still under warranty. They owe it to ou to make it right.
Agreed. Even an issue that sounds as simple as this, make sure your dealer documents this before your warranty runs out. If you end up needing a new head unit, let them cover the cost. My nav started acting up on my old JKUR at @ 2.5 yrs old. I took it to the dealer a few times, but they could never replicate the problem. The nav software died literally the day after my warranty expired. The head unit would still play the radio, and the back-up camera was fine, but the nav would give me an error when I tried to access it. The dealer told me they couldn't do anything since they could never replicate the problem, and the only fix was to replace the head unit (at my expense). I traded that Jeep a few months later, and the (non-Jeep) dealer I traded it to did something to the head unit and got the nav working again. Go figure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts