Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some feedback on Adding Polished Chrome Wheels to my JK. IMO they look cool. Of course it's coming from a guy that graduated high school in 1974. My 1st car was a '68 El Camino SS with deep dish chrome wheels.

I had this conversation with my thirty something son and his reply was Dad it's not cool stay with black rims.

So I guess black is the new chrome nowadays.

Here's what I'm considering.

·
Registered
2017 JKR...
1,900 Posts
Wheels are a personal choice....cool is doing what you like....if you like them then get them....what color is your jk? Polished wheels look better on certain colors but ultimately you're the one that has to look at it every day....

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
If you like it that is all that matters. I graduated in 1977 and am way past worrying what others think, if I like something I go with it.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I need some feedback on Adding Polished Chrome Wheels to my JK. IMO they look cool. Of course it's coming from a guy that graduated high school in 1974. My 1st car was a '68 El Camino SS with deep dish chrome wheels.

I had this conversation with my thirty something son and his reply was Dad it's not cool stay with black rims.

So I guess black is the new chrome nowadays.

Here's what I'm considering.

It would look great on a dark JK ---- I had polished aluminum on my 2008 Red Rock (burgundy). I have black wheels on my white 2014 JKU though.

...just no spinners or DUBs and I think we'll all have a beer with you.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
I am right there with you, class of '69. Ansen Sprints and Cragers were my years. The painted black rims just don't do it for me. Right now I have the Icons in gunmetal and they look nice but there might be a set of Method 315's in machine finish on it soon with some Icon's for sale. My only issue with chrome is rust and chips.

·
Administrator
16,985 Posts
You do you, that's all that matters. I like the ones you posted better than black, even though I'm not a big fan of chrome. IMO black wheels are played out.

Our '14 has black wheels and I'm trying to figure out something different for an upgrade. Our '18 has orange wheels.....so maybe you're asking the wrong person for advice :D

·
Retired Moderator
100,547 Posts
What ever makes you happy..go for it........

Reactions: Markum

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Jeep in the hood with 10" wide bright but not shiny rims. Looks good :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
You might want to consider where you live/weather. EG: If you live where road salt is used chrome will blister and rust, aluminum will pit and oxidize. Painted wheels might be your best choice and the easiest to maintain.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Nothing wrong with polished or chrome wheels. Black is just more popular right now. Just don't go crazy and start bolting on chrome bumpers, grills and door handles! LOL

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
How about Chrome wheels, polished alu bumpers, and polished stainless hinges.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts

I have been waiting to see what a set of these looks like on a JK :redface:

(had a set of the originals back in the day)

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
It's an American Racing rim, I remember those days. Is that a bead lock on the wheel?
it is a fake bead lock, simply for looks.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts