Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I predict the 2010 will be a much bigger seller as the new Penstar engine will help sales.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Assuming that you meant 2012 IMO it will be a function of production numbers. I think the demand is greater than production on the 2012, so the more they make the more they will sell.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Obviously he meant 2012...

I also agree the '12 will heartily outsell the '11 only because the '11 is sort of a 'lost year' for Jeep because everyone knew that the pentastar was coming out for '12 and was holding off on their purchase for it. I know I certainly was. Will it sell more than a '10 though? Hard to say but probably yes if I had to guess.

·
The Bad Guy
23,119 Posts

I also agree the '12 will heartily outsell the '11 only because the '11 is sort of a 'lost year' for Jeep because everyone knew that the pentastar was coming out for '12 and was holding off on their purchase for it. I know I certainly was. Will it sell more than a '10 though? Hard to say but probably yes if I had to guess.
You have just lost all credibility with me because you spoke without checking your facts first. The 11's have actually sold very well because of the interior redesign. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
848 Posts
Man you're a real piece of work aren't you there sparky. Trolling threads for me now eh after you got your butt handed to you in the other argument? Nice. Childish but nice.

I still stand by people waiting for the new motor though and holding off for the '12. The interior thing was nice but I know the motor was a huge issue for folks. I'd venture to say that a LOT of '11s will sell quickly in the next month due to the incentives and the huge price difference between the '11 and the '12. Of course that is speculation on my part since Daggo is patrolling the thread now looking for examples of things he is guilty of.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
j0nx said:
Man you're a real piece of work aren't you there sparky. Trolling threads for me now eh after you got your butt handed to you in the other argument? Nice. Childish but nice.

I still stand by people waiting for the new motor though and holding off for the '12. The interior thing was nice but I know the motor was a huge issue for folks. I'd venture to say that a LOT of '11s will sell quickly in the next month due to the incentives and the huge price difference between the '11 and the '12. Of course that is speculation on my part since Daggo is patrolling the thread now looking for examples of things he is guilty of.
Can we all just be friends.

Attachments

·
no retreat, no surrender
975 Posts

There's a lot of folks (myself included) on the other side of that coin.... that wanted the 3.8L, wanted a HUGE discounted price, and are very very happy with that decision.

If you look at the statistics for sales in 2011, you'll see that Ford has been leading, Chrysler/Jeep in 2nd spot. Wrangler, leading that bunch. Chrysler/Jeep has in fact managed to pay back all U.S. and Canadian loans this year due to increase (record breaking) sales.

So. Yes, a lot wanted the new 2012.
And:
A lot wanted the 2011..... It's all good.... and each to his own. The separation and name calling is just so, well :facepalm: stupid. Kinda looks like a mine is bigger than yours sort of thing.... ri di cu lous....

Me..... I'm having fun playing with my beloved 2011 :thumb:

And happy for those with their 2012's :punk:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Does this mean that I have to hurry to the dealer to secure one, right now? I was planning to do my purchase next week after Labor Day Weekend.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Dealers in my area aren't discounting the 2011's that heavily, imo, which shows that sales continue to be very good and that 2012's are expected to sell well too.
I just bought a 2011 with which I'm very happy. :)

·
Registered
369 Posts
That newfangled Poseurstar engine might be good for those effete elites running wild in their new four door hardtop hummer-lites, but real grizzled veterans of the Jeeping world have a trusty 3.8.

Just ask me, I bought my first Wrangler, a 2011, last month. ;D

·
Registered
972 Posts
In my area- there really aren't many 2011's left ( 0% or 1.9 )... I just test drove a 2012 a few days ago, they wanted my 2011, if I order a 2012.. I only have had mine for 10months...

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.