Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to finish my rear lift, but I need to make a small trip before hand. How bad would it be with a 3.5inch lift in the front and stock in the rear. About a 30 mile drive.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
you might make people laugh but as long as you drive at a reasonable rate you will be fine.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
You might have the police pull you over, suspecting that the rear of your Jeep is riding so low is because you have the back filled with a load of plutonium. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
You should have lifted the back first, then you could tell people that the factory rake wasn't enough and you needed enhanced rake. I guess with the front lifted, you have the motorboat effect.

But if you take it easy it should be fine.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Your alignment and telemetry will be way off, but if you are careful you should be fine.

On a side note, PLEASE have someone video it and post it so we can all get a good laugh (with you not at you of course).
:lmao:

You won't be safe if any ******** see you...:happyyes:

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,859 Posts
Órale vato, ¡wassápenin!

At least you will be in good company if you are in So Cal.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Lol, go for it dude, who cares, as long as it's safe (meaning everything is safe/sound and hooked up properly so you won't have a wheel falling off), it'll look funny as hell though, i'll call a family/friend to get a ride, or ubber, driving it would be my last resort though, but that's just me.

·
Registered
898 Posts
In California they do it on purpose...

:nonono:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
It's common in the southern states.

Reactions: Cummins_Powered

·
Registered
144 Posts
I see trucks riding with that Carolina Squat garbage all the time. They never seem to break anything but I would guess that long term it could cause issues. On a side note, extremely loud bass may be required for it to function properly.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I need to finish my rear lift, but I need to make a small trip before hand. How bad would it be with a 3.5inch lift in the front and stock in the rear. About a 30 mile drive.
Are you back yet?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
I see trucks riding with that Carolina Squat garbage all the time. They never seem to break anything but I would guess that long term it could cause issues. On a side note, extremely loud bass may be required for it to function properly.
Here in Wilmington, you see the Carolina squat all the time. It appears to have a function at the beach though. When they back in, the tailgate is at sitting level. Looks silly in my opinion though.

·
Registered
424 Posts
i drove a day with just a front 2.5 lift, when i did it i wanted to go home after finishing the front (was proably taco tuesday and hungry). finished it the next day, just looked funny that night

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Here in southern Tennessee they call it "bulldoggin". Guess you gotta picture a bulldog to get it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts