Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Wrangler JK
366 Posts
I agree with Old Dogger - I looked at the price of a new one and found that I could completely gut my current (08 JK) rig down to the bare metal frame and build it up with all the upgrades/amenities I ever dreamed of, give it a new paint job and bring it in for less than the down payment on a new one, not to mention not having monthly payments to deal with. Only sacrifice I had to make was driving the wife's Vue for a month...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
I am thinking it is time for me to upgrade. I am in the planning stages at this point. Right now I am driving a 2020 Gladiator Mojave that has the mediocre 3.6 engine, and a 2.5" lift and 37s. The 37" Toyo MTs only have 3000 miles on them, so tomorrow I have an appointment at the tire store to take the 37s off, and move the TPMS sensors back to the 35s I ran before the 37s. The 35s are still in good condition and are mounted on the stock Mojave wheels. Then I can put the 35s back on the Mojave. I don't plan on getting a 392 until the 2022s are able to be ordered, which will be a few months from now. If I stop using the 37s now I will still have a pristine set of 37" Toyo MTs mounted on bronze wheels, which will match a 392 perfectly. And 37s fit a 392 with stock suspension and no altercations needed. I still will need to remove the Warn 12 K winch, the ARB on board air compressor, and the Baja Designs lighting from the Mojave. But by the time the 22s are able to be ordered I should be ready to make the trade.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts