Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin at another jeep, its an 03 wrangler X 5sp manual 4.0. it has 36K miles on it and the dealer is asking 13900 for it. what do you guys thing? it has 3.07 gears here is the vin 1J4FA39SX3P341327. and input it welcome:thumb:

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think it is a good deal. Just check for rust.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont wanna talk about what i paid for my 05 with 100k:hide: lol

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does it have the ax5 or ax15 in it? anyone know?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
my 05 has 130k on it now. got it for 12500 with 100k on it

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
130K miles to 36K miles and its stock so i can build it up:D

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
I haven't heard any bad. No personal experience with that trans

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
so what do you guys thing about to hole jeep itself? good deal bad deal?

·
Registered
16,641 Posts
i think it's a meh deal.. doesn't sound bad and doesn't sound good.. probably right on.. if it wasn't for the low miles I would say pass.. but hard to argue with 4.0 that only has 36k on it presuming the vehlicle is mechanicly sound

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i think it's a meh deal.. doesn't sound bad and doesn't sound good.. probably right on.. if it wasn't for the low miles I would say pass.. but hard to argue with 4.0 that only has 36k on it presuming the vehlicle is mechanicly sound
thats the reason i wanna do it anyway is the miles on it. im not gonna pay 14K for it tho they will have to come down for me if i do, ill have to see what my trade brings to

·
Registered
159 Posts
When I got the loan for my 03 with 71,000 on it, it listed at $14,500 at the loan office just back in November. I bought it for $7200 off my dad.

So from the sounds of it, the dealership has the price raised just a tad. You could probably talk them down to $11,500

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
When I got the loan for my 03 with 71,000 on it, it listed at $14,500 at the loan office just back in November. I bought it for $7200 off my dad.

So from the sounds of it, the dealership has the price raised just a tad. You could probably talk them down to $11,500
im gonna go text drive it after while, i told them i do not want to make an offer on anything all i want to do it test drive it. 14k is blue book, so they will have to come down

·
Registered
159 Posts
It's not a GREAT deal. If you aren't desperate for it, give them your offer and if they say no. Just walk away. Give them your number and see what happens in a few days.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts