Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a soft-top and half doors on my YJ, that would be alright except I live in Canada, and there's really only two, maybe three months of the year that its t-shirt weather. I was offered a good condition fiberglass hardtop for 450$, Is it worth it for the price, I don't know how expensive or how cheap these are to buy. I would after that need compatible doors so there's another 300$+, should I get the top and wait for doors, or wait for a better deal and maybe a combo of the two.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
450 is not a bad deal. I got mine for 350 and that was a steal! If it has the rear wiper it is worth it. I ran my hard top with soft doors a full winter till I got a steal on doors ($180 matching pair of white.) I would do it if it had no damage and keep watching for doors.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Down South, I'd be on my high horse negosheatan with them on that $450.

Up in Canadia, they'd know they got me by the short hairs.

·
Registered
4,965 Posts
That price is in the range they bring around my area. They vary in price a $100 or so from winter to spring. Being where you live I think you would enjoy the hard top more too...it is quieter.

As far a to buy or wait...that is up to you. It is less common to see both doors and a top for sale then just a top but not rare either. I have a soft top on my cj and since it is garaged kept I sold my hard top but I will never sell my hard doors. I sold my hardtop earlier this year for $375. It needed side glass rubber gaskets and had been herculined so wasn't perfect.

Good thing about doors is you can have them shipped if you find a set off ebay....Can't really do that with a top cheaply.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Sorry to chime in on your post...but I posed the EXACT same question a couple hours before you & only received 1 reply...maybe I posted in the wrong forum???

My 17 year old son wants a Jeep Wrangler. He's worked 2 years saving his money. I know nothing about Jeeps...so, I hoping for some community help. ?
I've found a 2004 Jeep Wrangler ROCKY MOUNTAIN with 110K mls. (Much higher mileage than I had hoped for, but I'm finding these things are not cheap) Auto./ Four Wheel Drive/ 6 - Cyl./ The guy said there is no rust/ carfax is clean/ My question is...what is this worth...what's a good deal? How many miles do these vehicles typically go? I've included a link to vehicle photo. Many thanks guys!!!
2004 Jeep Wrangler ROCKY MOUNTAIN

1 - 5 of 5 Posts