Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
73,723 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
As for your Ride, sorry...OUCH...$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

·
Registered
31 Posts
Looking at the pictures are there other spots that are really bad? The price will depend if you know a mechanic or welder good but I’m thinking $1000+. It looks like the frame was also previously repaired so Im not sure if its worth saving.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ouch. There's a lot to unpack in those pictures. Between the rusted body around the mounts, the rusted frame, and the mismatched/patched exhaust, I'm going to say it's not worth it IMHO. Frames can be patched, but between both the body and frame rust, you are looking at quite a lot of time in repair and that's not even getting into cost.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
73,723 Posts
Rust is ones worst vehicle enemy..IMO I suggest that you walk away from it. One is best to look for a TJ in Arizona, the deserts of California. Southern Nevada, Southern New Mexico and Southern Texas. Just look in craigslist, in these area's. Also the Truck Trader and Cargurus.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I would guess more than $3k for repairs.
Banks won't finance repairs, so you would have to pay cash for fixes on the rust.
Might be one of those cases, where you would spend the same if you just found one in better condition.
You would be better off, if you could swing a higher amount and finance with a loan.
You might find some bargain for $5-6k. If you can manage the $7k-10k range, you certainly can get into something with fewer issues to mess with.

I know that not everybody has deep pockets, so what you do is what you do for your own reasons.

Good luck!

·
Registered
503 Posts
So how much would you pay for a jeep like that? I’m looking at that jeep. They want 3,500 but I won’t pay that much for it.
Assuming the Jeep runs and shifts fine, the price you're willing to pay should depend on what you plan on doing with the Jeep and where you are located. If you live in a state that requires safety inspections, that Jeep will not pass inspection without around $4K-$6K worth of work. Unless you have a Plasma Cutter and you know how to weld.

IMO, If my plan for that Jeep was to be an Off-road Only vehicle and I will be restoring it myself, $1,200. That's what parts Jeeps go for in my area.
If my plan is to daily drive that Jeep and I don't weld or am not mechanically inclined? I would keep looking. Worst case scenario, that Jeep needs an entire frame and sections of the tub.

·
Premium Member
9,985 Posts
Depends on what you're going to do with it. Personally I'd steer away from anything that has signifcant rust.

You can get one in much better condition for $7K.

·
Commercial Member
7,410 Posts
I was going to buy it. I saw it in on marketplace. Do you have any suggestions on where else to look for Jeep Wranglers
Save yourself the heartache. That thing is ready to be parted out or taken to junk yard.

The forums here are great if you can find someone local.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 34 Posts