Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
I just noticed one side of the skid plate is held up with U clamps lol. Oh terrible.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Nice catch. I was so busy looking at the huge hole in the frame, I missed the clamp. $3500 LMAO

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think less than $2k is doing disservice to a fellow TJ owner. It is a 2 sided edge sword, take care of yourself and as well as look at our fellow TJ enthusiast as well. So be fair.

·
Registered
02 TJ Sport
1,426 Posts
I was going to buy it. I saw it in on marketplace. Do you have any suggestions on where else to look for Jeep Wranglers
Craigslist, Facebook marketplace, Facebook groups, Autotrader, forums, used car lots, etc.

You did the right thing by questioning it and asking on here. You saved yourself a very expensive headache. Besides needing very obvious frame and body work, every maintenance job after would have probably been a total pain in the ass, with all rusted out parts and bolts.

What part of the country you looking in? Sometimes it can be well worth it to drive (or fly) to somewhere where salted roads isn't common.

FYI hunting for a good TJ is time consuming and you have to be patient, but ready to buy when you find the deal. The good ones tend to go fast. That said, they are definitely out there, you just need to expand your search and know what to look for. This forum is an awesome resource to get opinions when you do find a good looking one.

Goodluck on your search,
XBD

·
Registered
02 TJ Sport
1,426 Posts
I think less than $2k is doing disservice to a fellow TJ owner. It is a 2 sided edge sword, take care of yourself and as well as look at our fellow TJ enthusiast as well. So be fair.
Asking $3500 for this rust bucket is a disservice to an first-time aspiring TJ owner....they were definitely trying to take advantage of her.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was going to buy it. I saw it in on marketplace. Do you have any suggestions on where else to look for Jeep Wranglers
Keep looking. Marketplace is a good place to look .. But it may take some time.. Lotta over priced stuff on there.. Be patient.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That jeep has frame rot and you'll never make it road worth at any reasonable cost. It could cost up to 10k fix those problems correctly. People that live in salt road state who find good Jeeps go out west or Texas Area. They generally fly and drive them back home. I live in Los Angeles and I flew to Las Vegas because the Jeep I found was a good deal. It worth my plane ticket and time to fly out and buy a solid Jeep for cheap. I drove it home that night and luckily the Jeep didn't have any major problems.

Sent from my SM-J737T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
As one who has done many house & vehicle projects. Once you get into it, you'll find a lot more issues. There is always hidden problems that you don't see until your past the point of no return. Save yourself aggravation and walk away.

Reactions: tzukows

·
Premium Member
7,786 Posts
Don't walk away from that one - RUN!

You will pay more, but I would look at dealer sites. You might be able to find an private sale that is good, but they really need to be examined carefully. Start with some of you only line vehicle listings - cars gurus, car finder, etc.

If you are in the Southwest or Southeast you should be able to find a fairly good one, but you will pay at least twice as much as that seller is asking. You can find a good Jeep or you can find a cheap Jeep, you just can't find a good cheap Jeep.

Reactions: tzukows

·
Registered
11 Posts
Look around. If your heart is set on a TJ, then I would look at another one.
I don't know what part of the country you're in, but the Northeast and Midwest are killers for vehicles.

My '95 Rio Grande was $800, but it needs floor pans, some small frame patches and oil leaks addressed.
It's only got 105,000mi on it, but I do all my own work, so it's worth it to me.

Just look around. Everything on facebook has the 'Rona Tax on it right now.

·
Registered
CJ7 4.8l LS Swapped Ton Swapped
21 Posts
That thing is pooched. If it runs I'd give him $300. If it moves under its own power, $400. Scrap price is down and the market is flooded with TJ parts. Hard to make money on parts trucks right now.

If you want a good Jeep, look on craigslist or car gurus in southern states. They will be relatively rust free. You can usually get a vehicle shipped for $500 to $1000

21 - 33 of 33 Posts