Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Jeep Wrangler, orange.. Love it when I have it. At 25 miles it started stalling at stoplights, by the time it was up to 300 miles it was stalling on the road. After it stalls and you restart it, I put it in drive and have to sit and wait for the computer to put it in gear. The dealer has had the thing more than I have and they tell me there are no error codes but they are able to reproduce it on demand.. Today I get a call that they did something to make it happen less and he seemed pleased by this, but Im sorry that is not fixed, just one stall is too many.

Anyone else see this issue?

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
Every vehicle purchased new provide some level of protection against shoddy workmanship, unexpected results on workmanship or factory defective parts. It sounds like you have a problem that is identifiable and reproducible. Those problems should be a slam dunk for repair. Ask them if the factory rep has been in yet. Educate yourself about your state's lemon law and document every visit. Eventually you problem will be found and made right or Chrysler may own your jeep again. In the mean time you have a very frustrating situation. Best of luck for a good outcome.

Welcome to Wrangler Forum. :wavey:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks for they hi back.. I know he contacted Chrysler and installed a recorder on it. He said nothing comes up. I looked up the lemon laws and know if it gets out of had they will buy it back. I'm just bewildered, ive had a jeep before and it was great.. I know not every car that comes off the line can be perfect, but I really love this color jeep and hope they can fix it or get me another one exactly like it..

·
Registered
3,540 Posts
.....color is fine.....reliable is better.....I had a J2000 that was not fixable and would randomly die for 20 minutes to 3 days without anything being wrong....

it wasn't a new Jeep, and when it died in the driveway after a 2 week 2000 mile road trip from hell, I traded it on a new GMC.

That was my last Jeep for over 20 years. Don't let this happen to you.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
This was my problem....

At about 1200-mi, my 2012 was towed in twice (engine died on the road) and finally this is what the found:

The notes from my 2nd visit:

“Diagnosed and found damaged coil and checked for shorts. None found. Found voltage and ohms are the same as other cylinders.. Replaced PCM & Test Drove. Coil popped again????? Instructed to hard-wire coil per “STAR” & replace coil. Found Map Sensor, TPS, & ETC ……. Lost Grounds. Found wires grounding against AC Line, repaired and insulated wiring over AC line.”

For waht it's worth :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts