Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went out wheelin and noticed when I stopped to turn on pavement, I feel a clunk as Im turning. Opened the door to look and I can see the rear left tire sort of clicking like something internal is binding. Only happens on pavement. Anyone got input?

·
Registered
100 Posts
When was the last time you changed your fluid? I would not mess around and let it go, get you some new lube and additive and change it out ... the job should only take you a short time.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a bottle of 75w-90 synthetic blend in the garage. Can i run that

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just pulled the plug to see what the oil looked like. Its brown. Like mixed with dirt brown. Changing today.

·
Registered
288 Posts
My Rubicon was clunking/popping on the left rear. Mostly on left turns, it was broken LSD gears in the rear. Do you have a LSD?

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have no clue if it has lsd. Ill snap pics today

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Im hoping its not bad, my wifes gonna kill me if I ask to spend more money on this thing lol. It drives fine, no whining, but we shall see...

·
Registered
690 Posts
baker3 said:
Im hoping its not bad, my wifes gonna kill me if I ask to spend more money on this thing lol. It drives fine, no whining, but we shall see...
I am in the same boat about money and the wife!!!! Lmao!!!!!!

But I got the jeep before we even started dating so she has to live with it....

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just found the lsd tag. Do i have to use special oil

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, just finished changing the oil and added the posi track stuff, took it for a test drive and no more clicking!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts