Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Jeep 2 door Rubicon

When I turn the ignition on, there's a siren sound, like teeuuu teeuuu teeuuu

At first it made this teeuuu sound twice I think. Then it made it 3 or 4 times and then 5 or 6. Now it makes this sound about 9 times when the ignition is turned on. Is it anything to be concerned about? I figured it had something to do with the alarm system, but now that it makes the sound more times, I don't know. Just started it again and it sounded 10 times this time. :pullinghair:

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
do you have aftermarket alarm system?.... wrangler jk jeeps dash just ding usually.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
I don't know, @nighowl2000 . Just bought it used couple weeks ago.
I am guessing yes then. do you have an extra remote other then the one with the key one? Does it say the company on it?

Is there any paperwork from the last owner?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no and no. Maybe I'll have to check with the dealership that sold it to me.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update: This is odd. Just thinking about it, I went out and hit the red panic button to set the alarm off...then hit it again to shut it off. Then started the Jeep and the siren no longer went off. Must have needed a reset somehow.
Thanks again for the help.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
Update: This is odd. Just thinking about it, I went out and hit the red panic button to set the alarm off...then hit it again to shut it off. Then started the Jeep and the siren no longer went off. Must have needed a reset somehow.
Thanks again for the help.
just for $hits and giggles, go near the jeep and press the lock button 3 times in a row and see if it starts. If it does you have a aftermarket alarm/remote start system.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh shoot. It did it again, the siren, on the next start.
Tried the lock 3 times trick. It didn't start.

·
Registered
45 Posts
DaveyKOTWF,

Had same experience on my 2018 Wrangler JL Sport S only 2 weeks old. It seems to be a solvable glitch. I got rid of mine by switching from satellite radio to FM and restarting. Now, no siren at startup, even though I switched back to satellite. Apparently the sound comes through the speaker system. Car had a BlueTooth connection to phone at all times, including the solution so it does not seem to be a BT issue. Not a deal breaker for me. Dan

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have that sound too. Still not sure what the cause is.... but.....

Here is what I've noticed...

When I listen to my ipod through the head unit, attached through the USB cable in the console, and turn off the Jeep while the ipod is still selected, it will make that sound when I start it up, and the head unit defaults to FM radio.

If I am listening to the radio, and turn off the Jeep while the radio is still selected, it will not make that sound when I start it up, and FM is still selected.

SO I'm guessing it has something to do with the Stereo system and switching modes on start up...

Just a wild ass guess on my part...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think you are correct. No sound if radio on or off but volume at zero. I'm beginning to think it is a signal generated during startup that is finding its way into the sound system.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Update: If the engine has been off less than about 7 minutes, then I do not get the siren sound. Longer than about 7 minutes and it repeats. This kept fooling me as I would think I found the reason only to now discover my re-attempts were inside the 7 minute window. Happens regardless of engine temp, lights, or any other combination of radio-lights-UConnect and other options. Have tried just about all. Vehicle has remote start but it came from Jeep, not aftermarket.

Normally would suspect some sort of ground loop but that doesn't seem to explain why it stops or why it won't happen under about 7 minutes. It is a mystery.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
Ahh shoot. It did it again, the siren, on the next start.
Tried the lock 3 times trick. It didn't start.
It is the wail of the Pirate Girl you hear and she is a ghost that enjoys Jeep rides down by the sea! BEWARE, she has a sunken chest and no booty! I hope you find a way to divorce her!

:funnypost:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hattitude,

I've concluded the sound is from or passes through the media system. On my 2018, Fuse 97 is for the media system. When it is removed there is no sound. What year/model do you have? Perhaps there is an options similarity between our vehicles that can help track down the source.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hattitude,

I've concluded the sound is from or passes through the media system. On my 2018, Fuse 97 is for the media system. When it is removed there is no sound. What year/model do you have? Perhaps there is an options similarity between our vehicles that can help track down the source.
Sorry so late to reply, just saw this thread again....

I have a 2018 JKU Sport package, with 130S radio. That's the base radio with Sirius...

I still listen mostly to my iPod, attached at the USB in the console, and the radio still switches from iPod back to FM whenever I shut off/restart. There is a volume difference between the two modes. I have to turn up the volume on iPod, and when it switches back to FM it comes on pretty loud..

However......... I have not heard that siren sound for awhile now. I heard it several times during the first week to 10 days I owned the Jeep. Then, it just stopped.....

Been about a month now since I heard it.... I'm clueless as to what was the cause...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Sounds hopeful. I've had the Jeep 3 weeks so maybe it's not seasoned enough to stop. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Same

I am having the same siren sound whenever I start my 2017 JK - just started 3 days ago and is progressively getting longer and longer each time I start the vehicle. Also, does not happen if I start the vehicle within 7 minutes of turning it off. Hoping it goes away like yours did but did you ever find a cause or solution? Thank you!

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
59,500 Posts
I am having the same siren sound whenever I start my 2017 JK - just started 3 days ago and is progressively getting longer and longer each time I start the vehicle. Also, does not happen if I start the vehicle within 7 minutes of turning it off. Hoping it goes away like yours did but did you ever find a cause or solution? Thank you!
Welcome to the Forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
After hours of googling I found the cause - the dealer installed a SWAT GPS vehicle tracking device in your Jeep (could have been sold to you as a KARR alarm system) and it is malfunctioning. I called SWAT and they deactivated the device and are coming to swap out the device later this week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone who still gets the siren, i just called the dealer. They apologized and forgot to turn off the dealer alarm protection that lets them know a car has left the lot. Call your dealer to have it turned off. Have not heard it since

1 - 20 of 20 Posts